Peace is our commitment. The United States Institute of Peace represents the American people’s shared values and commitment to peace around the world. We know that Peace is Security – it advances both U.S. and international security by preventing, managing and mitigating violent conflict.
We are an independent, non-partisan institution and are actively engaged with peacebuilding efforts around the world. Together we tackle the toughest problems and hold fast to the possibility of a more peaceful world. (To learn more about USIP programs and job openings, go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.
The Regional Finance Assistant, based in Tunis, Tunisia, will provide primary support to the North Africa program activities, and secondary support to the Middle East program activities. The incumbent will report to USIP’s Regional Finance Manager and liaise with USIP’s finance teams based in the MENA region and Washington DC.
This position is for national hires only.
This is a Fixed-Time Term Personal Services Contractor position.
* Record transactions and related payments for the North Africa and Middle East program activities;
* Provide regular financial updates on North Africa projects and programs;
* Ensure cash needs and financial preparations are met for all North Africa and Hub program activities and events;
* Recording transactions and related payments for the Middle East program activities;
* Maintaining proper internal documentation;
* Processing receipts and expenses daily; making sure they are properly recorded on USIP’s financial system
* Managing MENA Advance Accounts;
* Ensuring an adequate monthly archiving system to all payments processed from the hub or DC
* Implement all financial policies and procedures;
* Ensure proper financial documentation for the Tunis Hub payments;
* Ensure vendors are paid in an adequate timely manner
* Prepare a bi-weekly payment status report for all USIP’s contractors and vendors for the Regional Finance Manager
* Ensure compliance with existing policies and draft any new policies and procedures;
Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree in related field.
* 2 years business/financial support experience in high operational tempo environment required.
* Knowledge of financial systems required.
* Knowledge of business and non-profit management support preferred.
* Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
* Ability to prioritize work with minimal supervision.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Good research skills and attention to detail.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong verbal and written English language skills required.
* Working hours: Full time (40 hours/week)
* Location: Tunis
* Salary: Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience
* Reporting line: Regional Finance Manager, MENA
* Starting date: ASAP
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit a complete application package consisting of:
- Completed employment application including titles, dates of hire and salary history.
- Cover letter
For questions about this position please email email@example.com. Do not send resumes or attachments to this email address.
Only those applicants that are selected for further discussions will be contacted.
No Phone Calls. Interviews will be scheduled by appointment only.
USIP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of USIP to offer equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, age, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, political affiliations or belief, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See job description