- Supervise FMAs/District Managers of the region (presently Lalmonirhat, Gaibandha and Kurigram) and Administrative Assistant;
- Maintain close relationship with the district and Upazila level Government officials and elected representatives;
- Ensure all planned and emergency interventions are executed effectively and efficiently;
- Submit quarterly progress and financial reports;
- Plan, supervise and facilitate (if needed) training sessions to ensure quality delivery;
- Actively works with local business chambers and enterprises to ensure apprenticeship and employment;
- Support all Technical Staff to plan and implement planned activities in the region;
- Maintain district account jointly with the FMA/Administrative Assistant.
- Guide and monitor the work of NGO field workers and organizations contracted for training in micro-enterprise skills;
- Keep close contact with Headquarters at Dhaka and ensure reporting and documentation of the project and its resources;
- Keep close contact with the Upazila officials, Union level representatives responsible for SWAPNO and various field level committees set up for the project, for capacity building, finance and M&E;
- Maintain contact with district officials and a selected NGO to accomplish various activities of SWAONO;
- Identify and utilise best practices that could contribute to the development of SWAPNO’s direct and indirect beneficiaries;
- Carry out any other any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards (human rights, peace, understanding between peoples and nations, tolerance, integrity, respect, results orientation (UNDP core ethics) impartiality;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Strong analytical, communicational and writing skills;
- Strong ability to effectively interact with technical and non-technical end users in a pleasant, cooperative, and helpful manner;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work independently;
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply general technical instructions and procedures;
- The incumbent must be able to travel alone in remote places for periods of several days.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, controlled and good humoured even under pressure;
- Develop network skills with different levels.
- Has deep knowledge on project management, social and poverty research and M&E;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more practice areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
- The incumbent should also be competent and knowledgeable as regards development issues, especially creating employment opportunities for the rural poor.
- Master’s degree in any social science discipline from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years of experience where minimum 3 years relevant work expereince in rural development, poverty alleviation and local government issues;
- Knowledge of local government structure, working experience with Union Parishads, Upazila Parishads, NGOs and vulnerable poor women is essential;
- Adequate knowledge on social protection, rural development, gender mainstreaming, poverty alleviation, food security, livelihood promotion, and working with the donors and development agencies;
- Excellent command of Bengali and very good communication skills including writing in English are obligatory requirements. Possession of a motorcycle-driving license is required;
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and e-mail software, is also required;
- Experience of working with Local Government Division (LGD) will be preferable.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and Bengali;
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year initially, renewable based on satisfactory performance and availability of fund.