Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill the position of Regional Administration and Finance Officer in Yangon, Myanmar.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC has been operating in Myanmar since 2009, but this position will support our Asian Regional Office that we are currently opening in Yangon.
About the job
The Finance and Administration Officer will facilitate the efficient and effective functioning of the DRC operations in the Regional office. She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from the Regional Head of support services.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
General Administrative Tasks:
• Will act as focal point to organize the travels of the regional team members: enter the travel request, travel bookings, hotels and visas, etc.
• Coordinate visits from HQ in terms of housing and transport
• Take the lead in the organization of trainings on demand of the RHOSS
• Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessors
• Ensure all utility payments are done on timely basis.
• In charge of the inventory of the stationary
• Oversee all aspects of office maintenance and cleanliness
• In charge of preparing the monthly financial reports on demand of the Regional Head of Support services
• Support the financial management and cash management for the RO projects.
• In close collaboration with Programme staffs, he/she will ensure that payments to suppliers are documented and timely made for RO projects
• Responsible for the petty cash management and reconciliation of the regional office
• Link closely with the RHOSS on monthly cost allocations in DRC Dynamics.
• When required, the Admin Fin Officer will support the RHOSS in time of audit from donors
Human Resources Management:
• On demand of the Regional HR Advisor, he/she will support with the Regional Office with some basic administrative tasks
• On request, he/she will prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate their induction process
• Report problems on staff leaves and absences to the HR Regional Advisor.
• Will contribute to basic HR reporting and data analysis on request of the Regional HR Advisor
DRC Dynamics ERP System
• Ensure that all the work processes under his responsibility are properly reflected in the system
• Monitor the quality of the data entry for both the Regional team and the regional projects in Dynamics
• Serve as the first point of contact for the regional team and answer the questions related to Projects & Finance functionalities in the system
• If needed, he/she will support the Regional Office in liaising with authorities.
To be successful in this role you must have the following;
• Minimum 2 years experience working in Administration and/or Finance departments
• The ideal candidate would possess the following skills: Strong orientation to the internal client, flexibility, organization and planning skills.
• English is the working language and therefore we need someone that is absolutely fluent.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office package (Work, Excel, power point)
· Desirable, experience working previously in the NGO sector
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
· Start date: as soon as possible
· Contract length: 1 year contract
· Designation of Duty Station: Yangon