Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Associate, the Receptionist provides telephone communication, general reception and information services ensuring high quality and accuracy
The Receptionist works in close collaboration with the Management Support and Business Development, Programme and Operations Teams staff and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary of key functions:
- Provision of front-desk service and telephone communications services
- Updating UN staff information
- Ensures provision of effective mail management
- Ensures provision of logistical services
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Ensure the provision of front-desk service and telephone communication services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN/UNDP.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Weekly check and test of all lines.
- Maintenance of recording information in the system, solution of minor technical problems, and reporting to telephone service provider for regular maintenance and repair.
- Management and planning of the front desk coverage.
- Assistance in the preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for the administrative services provided by UNDP to other agencies if requested.
2.Ensure the most updated UN staff and other contacts information, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection and update of UN staff information on a monthly basis, ensuring all data and information is correct and accurate.
- Update of the UN House telephone list and UN Directory, addresses of the Government, International Organizations, Embassies, and NGOs and other important contacts.
3.Ensures provision of effective mail management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming faxes, letters and other correspondence to proper department/unit/officer.
- Registration and dispatch of the outgoing communications, including pouch, and follow-up distribution. Prepares the summary of enclosure forms and necessary documents and maintains the file on pouches received to ensure that all bags are accounted for.
4.Ensures provision of logistical services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Control of meeting rooms and auditorium.
- Support for internal and external parking management.
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance.
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report.
- Support to routine maintenance and minor repairs of car vehicles, completion of vehicle daily log for proper control of mileage, calculation, purchase and distribution of fuel coupons for UNDP and projects, keeping records of fuel consumption, petrol/oil consumption, maintenance and repairs.
5. Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
IV. Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the execution of the CO reception and telephone services, as well logistic and corporate mail management services l in terms of quality and accuracy of work completed. Accurate data entry, presentation of information and client-oriented approach enhances UNDP capability in provision of administrative and logistic services.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Education: Secondary education.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Spanish and English
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months renewable