WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME,SOUTH SUADN COUNTRY OFFICE - RADIO OPERATOR SC4, BENTIU (2 POSITIONS)
WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME,SOUTH SUADN COUNTRY OFFICE
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO.103665
POSITION TITLE: RADIO OPERATOR
CONTRACT TYPE:SERVICE CONTRACT (SC)
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 MONTHS RENEWABLE
POSITION GRADE: SC4
DUTY STATIONS: BENTIU (2 POSITIONS)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Technical training in communication equipment or other work related areas.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in telecommunications/radio operations, information technology, or other relevant field of work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good knowledge in the telecommunication operations and procedures and high standard computer literacy.
• Ability to operate and maintain telecommunications equipment including installation works.
• Good communication skills; ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to multi-task, and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements.
• Ability to prioritize a heavy workload, demonstrate judgement, initiative, alertness and emotional stability, especially in emergency situations.
• Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies and resolve operational issues promptly.
• High sense of discretion and integrity.
• Client orientation and ability to establish effective working relationships in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Area (AOs) and Field (FOs) Offices,. Job holders are based in Radio Rooms and typically report to an Information Technology Officer, Security Officer, or the designate.
At this level, job holders work in a team under minimal supervision and are expected to produce organised and accurate reports and technical work. As required, they may work with UNDSS Radio Room, especially in case of security incidents. These jobs may require to work different shifts ,Air drops ,Emergency food distrubution team and report for duty on short notice.
To support telecommunications services in order to facilitate efficient implementation of security processes and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Coordinate with WFP Security staff and/or UNDSS Radio Room, to facilitate accurate and efficient security-related information flow following established standard operating procedures.
2. Responsible for monitoring and channelling all radio communications including tracking of WFP vehicle and staff movement, to ensure efficient 24-hour coverage of telecommunications services.
3. Produce regular and ad hoc reports including daily radio checks, and assist in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incidents and other information to staff, to facilitate accurate, efficient and concise communication and information flow.
4. Provide efficient support and training to users on telecommunications equipment and procedures including Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) requirements, to ensure effective use of telecommunications equipment.
5. Maintain inventory and provide recommendations for potential improvements, to support efficient planning and keep WFP telecommunications equipment operational.
6. Create and maintain databases (e.g. lists of call signs, addresses, telephone numbers, wardens, etc.), to ensure accurate information is available at all times.
7. Follow established emergency response processes and procedures, to ensure prompt assistance in case of emergencies.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
This section is optional to describe additional responsibilities & knowledge required for the specific job.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOUTH SUDAN NATIONALS ONLY.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 MARCH 2019
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now