- Type of contract:
- Fixed-term contract until 30 November 2020, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs
- Who can apply:
- F/G band and benefits
- Working time:
- Place of work:
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Closing date for applications:
- Monday, 28 January 2019
You will be part of the Governance and Transformation Services (GTS) Division, which acts as a cross-functional service platform for the four service areas that operate under the management of the ECB’s Chief Services Office (CSO): the Directorate General Administration, the Directorate General Finance, the Directorate General Human Resources and the Directorate General Information Systems.
The Division supports the four CSO service areas by providing horizontal services in the areas of communication, service delivery and optimisation, financial management and quality management. To do so, we provide skills, know-how, operational support, as well as best practices, methodologies and tools, enabling the service areas to focus on their core functions and thereby facilitating the delivery of service excellence in their key activities.
In your role as Quality Management Expert you will work closely with management and staff across all the services areas to enable and embed quality management practices throughout the organisation.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Quality Management Expert you will:
- define and set up a quality management framework that spans all CSO service areas;
- increase the understanding of all aspects of the quality management framework by leading a rigorous communication and awareness programme with the aim of ensuring that quality is embedded in all aspects of service delivery;
- work with, consult and enable cross-functional teams across the service areas dealing with all aspects of quality management, specifically performance management and service optimisation;
- create, maintain and improve the service offering of the quality management team in order to deliver value-adding services for the benefit of all stakeholders;
- contribute directly to service optimisation initiatives across the CSO areas by acting as a sounding board and internal consultant.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to develop your expertise in the fields of quality management and enterprise service delivery, and to help improve the management of services across the ECB.
You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent (read more) in business, administration, finance, IT, law, computer science or another relevant field;
- in addition to the above, at least five years’ professional experience in a quality management role which should include experience in transformational tasks;
- proven experience in applying continual improvement methodologies such as lean management or Six Sigma;
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- experience in an internal or external consultant role, for example facilitating workshops.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
The formal title for this position will be IT Expert.
The contract offered will be for fixed-term of 18 months as of the exact starting date of the selected person.
The recruitment process for this position may include an online interview via WebEx at the pre-selection stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise, a presentation and interviews.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, read more.