Are you an effective influencer who has the ability to negotiate, and work well across diverse teams in an organisation? Are you passionate about using public policy to bring an end to poverty?
Our West Africa Team are looking for a Public Policy Advisor to join the team, and we are hoping you could be the right fit!
In this role, you along with other Tearfund colleagues and partners will be involved in the scale up and implementation of advocacy responses within a West Africa support context. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has proven ability in research, public policy influencing, lobbying, or campaigning, and who can also work on their own initiative with minimum supervision.
The candidate will have an understanding of development and humanitarian issues, international relations, and the role of public policy in development. The role will facilitate good practice in the area of public policy to ensure Tearfund's work builds the resilience of the most marginalised and vulnerable, in line with our own Quality Standards.
The West African countries that you will be covering are:
- Sierra Leone
- Burkina Faso
- Cote d'Ivoire
The successful candidate will:
- Provide strategic advocacy direction, facilitation, training, mentoring, advice and support to West African staff and partners as required by West African countries.
- Support research and formulate public policies on issues relevant to country strategies and regional cross-cutting priorities in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
- Represent Tearfund on West African public policy issues, at a senior level to West African public policy makers and in relevant external forums
- Provide West African public policy analysis and information to the wider organisation
- Support corporate media and advocacy campaigning representing West African policy messages
- Ensure internal consistency on issues relating to West African public policy and advocacy messaging
- Be fluent in French and English
All applicants must have the right to live and work in one of the following countries: Burkina Faso, Chad, Côte d'Ivoire, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Liberia, or Sierra Leone
Salary and benefits will be dependent on location as this is not an expatriate position.
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues.
Tearfund is a faith based organisation and applicants must share our statement of faith.