- Climate Finance Network in India and support actions under the different work streams of CFN
- the Municipal Finance and SDG Bonds vertical of the SDG Finance Facility
- Support the India Country Office with other requests/ tasks and proposals relating to climate and public finance
- Coordinate with the different stakeholders for effective implementation of CFN
Climate Finance Network (CFN):
The CFLN is a multi-country project led by the UNDP regional hub in Bangkok, it builds on the experience and knowledge of of the Governance of Climate Change programme.UNDP will be working with governments in South and South East
Asia to develop and roll out methodologies in relation to climate change responsive budgeting including developing Climate Change Financing Frameworks; integrating Climate budget tagging into Public Financial Management Information Systems; developing and supporting implementation of climate and disaster risk public investment screening and budget formulation guidance; and integrating climate change Key Performance Indicators into Medium Term Budgetary Frameworks. In India, the CFN network will prioritise support to 4-5 state governments and to the federal government.
- Developing a work plan and roadmap that achieves the objectives of the CFN in India
- Coordinate and convene stakeholder consultations including at the Federal and State Level
- Support in implementation of the CFN activities
- Technical support and inputs for development of the project document for submission to the donor
- Monitoring and quality assurance of the activities and deliverables under the CFN
- Liaison and Coordination: Effective liaison between members of the platform – including donor partners, technical partners, government counterparts and other UNDP teams/ UN agencies
- Instrument scoping and structuring for Green, SDG and Municipal Bonds which will involve analysis of market potential and viability as well as outlining appropriate structures in consultation with partners; Carrying out basic due diligence, evaluating regulatory constraints (if any), market opportunities and determining overall financial and social attractiveness; Identifying key risks and mitigation factors and providing in-depth strategic and analytical support
- Mapping and Landscape Assessment: Using current available information to map, analyze and interpret current and future potential for Green, SDG and Municipal bonds – including identifying trends and areas of growth; Develop and implement strategy for outreach accordingly
- Partnerships development: Identify and engage with potential partners for the platform including private sector partners, philanthropic institutions, family held funds, and Government departments.
- Investor relations and catalyzing financing for incubated instruments: Mapping landscape and identifying prospects who could invest in instruments being incubated and preparing investment pitches, concept notes, crystallizing the value proposition (social and financial) and engaging in strategic discussions.
- Preparing periodic (quarterly/ semi-annual) progress reports for donors/ partners
- Curate and coordinate various meetings, roadshows and workshops conducted by CFLN and SFF
- Ongoing monitoring and coordination
Supporting UNDP India with development of additional SDG Finance Initiatives
- Supporting requests from country office colleagues for development of proposals and concepts; and possibly execution of climate and public finance related work.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Technical skills
- Experience and familiarity with a range of financial instruments
- Expertise with public finance – particularly:
- Updated knowledge on the landscape for green/ climate/ public financial instruments in India and abroad
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement projects in coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Financial due diligence, structuring and pricing knowledge
- Awareness of potential investors for instruments and partners for the platform(s) – CFN and SFF
- Identifies and communicates relevant information for a variety of audiences for advocating UNDP and partner(s) mandate
- Passionate about and genuinely interested in civic engagement and social innovation
- Strong Powerpoint, Word and Excel skills
- Ability to synthesise concepts and create informative reports
- Generates new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
Fundamental knowledge of own discipline (finance/ economics)
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
Establishing effective client relationships
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external needs and reports back in a timely, succinct and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external parties
- At least 7 years of directly relevant professional experience in public financial management; financial services or consulting/ advisory (with focus on climate/ public finance)
- Practical experience working with or supporting Government Departments and Ministries (Finance/ Planning/ Local Governments/ ULBs)
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with different teams
- Experience on researching, reporting, writing and editing documents (including drafting status/ progress reports/ minutes etc.).
- Knowledge of financial markets, debt instruments and innovative financial instruments financial instruments – particularly green and municipal bonds highly desirable
- Proven experience in planning and implementation of projects involving multiple stakeholders, in time-bound manner
- Extremely task/ detail oriented
- Able to communicate clear ideas across a variety of mediums (in-person, phone, email, web, etc.)
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in teams
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year initially (renewable)