Key Internal Interfaces: DCHA/OTI PSC Recruitment
Key External Interfaces: Personal Service Contractors (PSCs), OTI HR and HCTM, OTI Program Teams, USAID OAA/OTI
The Unit Lead manages PSC Contracts Unit in support of USAID/Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). The Unit Lead is highly organized, motivated, detail-oriented, and able to excel in a deadline-driven, customer-driven work environment. The Unit Lead must be able to work closely with a variety of personality types, and possesses exceptional oral and written communication skills. The Unit Lead demonstrates leadership skills and is a team player. The Unit Lead is able to prioritize, assist, and guide the unit to ensure the responsiveness of the team.
- Serve as primary point of contact for OTI on PSC contract issues;
- Supervise and support staff in the PSC contracts unit;
- Monitor workflow for unit, and manage and distribute workload;
- Assist unit with the execution of main duties and responsibilities by participating as a member of the team drafting contract documents, including budgets and memos necessary to execute contracts and contract modifications for PSC actions and producing and routing all contract actions through GLAAS to the Contracting Officer.
- Review quality and accuracy of outgoing contracts, budgets, modifications, and other contract- related documents; ensure documents are error-free;
- Assist in the development of contract-related documents, presentations, and other written reports;
- Monitor upcoming PSC actions and deadlines, and ensure all assigned contracts/tasks are completed in a timely manner;
- Respond to OTI and OAA inquiries on PSC contract status, progress and issues;
- Provide ad hoc and regular reports to OAA and/or OTI and ensure that all reports are accurate, complete, and timely;
- Understand various roles and parties for contracts on complex questions/issues;
- Liaise with OTI and with the Office of Acquisition and Assistance (OAA) Contracting Officers to address and resolve priority and complex issues and provide crisis management as needed;
- Responsible for training new contracts staff;
- Mentor contract unit on client business processes, policy interpretation and application;
- Ensure PSC contracts are in compliance with USAID, US Government, and other regulations, laws, standards, procedures and update templates, systems, and processes as needed;
- Provide expert interpretation of and recommendations on policies and USG regulations;
- Advise contracts staff on communication with OTI, OAA, and individuals being hired on all aspects and execution of contract and contract modifications for assigned actions;
- Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy files and systems in compliance with US Government, USAID and OTI standards;
- Liaise with OTI and USAID/OAA Contracting Officers to ensure good working relationships and that needs and expectations are met;
- Anticipate client and PSC needs, and advise on recommendations;
- Research and recommend ways in which PSC contracts can be improved and/or processes can be streamlined and innovated;
- On larger issues, involve on-site Project Manager or OTI as appropriate;
- Provide feedback to on-site Project Manager on staff growth and professional development;
- Track training and professional development of staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience and Government contracting experience, including demonstrated understanding of and experience with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and procedures required; Experience with Basic Human Resources personnel intake processes; Work in environments where contracts had to be produced both quickly and accurately with highly demanding clients preferred
Skills: Outstanding customer service, interpersonal, and supervision skills; Reliable, highly organized, and motivated; Must excel in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment while maintaining focus and balance priorities; Excellent attention to detail; Superior oral and written communication skills Superior computer skills (MS Office Suite in a network environment) including the ability to learn new software and databases quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of relevant work experience, MS/MA/MB with 6 years of relevant work experience, High school diploma with 10 years of relevant work experience
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.