The South Sudan Protection Cluster (PC) works in-country as a platform for dialogue and coordination involving over 60 organizations that carry out protection-related activities across South. These organizations include humanitarian actors from UN agencies, international NGOs and national NGOs working on issues related to community protection, gender-based violence, child protection, mine action, and housing, and land and property (HLP).
NRC in South Sudan is looking for a Protection Cluster Roving Field Coordination Adviser (RFCA) to provide additional support to the cluster and its coordinators to strengthen the relationship and coordination between the national protection cluster and field-level protection coordination fora. The Adviser's main role is to provide both surge capacity for field coordination to enhance protection response in the most sensitive and critical crises, and support to the cluster coordination team on streamlining communication and coordination between the nation level cluster and state, POC site and deep-field cluster coordination levels. The RFCA is expected to spend 30-50% of her/his time in the field.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Ensure coordination and information exchange between national cluster and field clusters
· Support the protection cluster in developing and monitoring implementation of strategic documents and objectives
· Assist protection partners in the field in enhancing the coordination of the protection response by providing practical guidance and technical support to field partners – particularly in locations with no existing deep-field coordination structure or as surge capacity in case of rapid onset crisis
· Ensure field cluster coordination and meeting facilitation
· Ensure effective protection analysis and monitoring, and streamlining data and information reporting to the national level on protection concerns, needs assessment
· Provide capacity-building to the partners on protection and response coordination, and facilitate trainings and workshops
· Support field partners in developing and conducting effective local advocacy
· Support the establishment of an information collection and analysis systems to identify and address field based protection concerns through state and field-level clusters and partner organisations
*A full job description can be found on our website*
· Duty Station: Juba - South Sudan
· Travel: 30-50% travel to the field
· Contract Duration: 12 months
· Salary/Benefits: Competitive salary & benefits package
· NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now