- The Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) signed by all agencies that will occupy the new premises
- The agreement with the Government of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana
- The security assessment of the building in collaboration with the United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS)
- Other documents as required
- Follow up on the preparation, launch of the bids for the contract of a firm of architects, which will design the office spaces.
- Provide technical support/guidance to project and country team on the UN approach to green infrastructure and energy efficiency for the implementation of effective eco-friendly engineering designs as may be necessary
- Follow up on the implementation of the contract with the architects and assure that all designs are to be completed taking into account the space requirements, security standards, universal accessibility, environmental soundness, sustainability, quality and the needs of the agencies and on the time required in the contract.
- Follow up on the preparation, launch of the bids for the contract of a firm to do the civil works of the office spaces making sure that the firm complies with the specifications of the designs and requirements of the Agencies.
- Provide technical support to the UN Agencies, vetting all engineering designs, Bill of Quantities (BoQs) etc. and ensuring quality and value for money
- Co-ordinate between the UN system in Guyana and all parties concerned for the day-to¬-day construction, planning and operation of the "UN House" ICT facilities project through substantial completion, in close co-ordination with the UNDP.
- Consolidate costs for the relocation to one UN House. This should include the costs of each agency based on office space and utility requirements follow up on Agencies’ contributions and prepare expense reports. The expense report should also entail a projected analysis for the first year of occupancy of the premises.
- Ensure that Agencies' requirements for ICT facilities in the UN House are specified and that the planned infrastructure meets them. (This will involve a significant component of user interaction in many agencies, and also probable liaison with HQ IS/ICT divisions of agencies).
- Prepare replies to correspondence relating to ICT aspects of the project, and inquiries from concerned parties.
- Participate in Operations Management Team meetings and brief members on the advancement of the Project in accordance with the approved design. Moreover, work closely with UNDSS to ensure that recommended security measures are implemented.
- Participate as required in negotiations defining inter-agency agreements regarding the ICT facilities' initial design and process agreements by which subsequent changes can be agreed for incorporation; and document such agreements.
- Coordinate and supervise works related to fit out of office space (i.e. partitions) and common areas according to UN approved design.
- Verify that construction materials and equipment conform to project design and specifications
- Monitor construction work progress and report about possible delays with respect to the official construction schedule.
- Perform final acceptance test of the building.
- Plan and coordinate move of agencies from their existing offices to the new building and quickly solves problems related to information /communication connectivity.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Fulfills all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Ability to communicate in the team, including the ability to receive feedback and self-reflect for self-improvement
- Initiative-taking and proactive research and outreach
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisors, colleagues and external partners in fostering cooperation and synergy, resolving problems, and preventing and managing conflict
- Ability to work in situations of complexity, uncertainty and adversity
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Attention to detail in reviewing and producing accurate and quality data and information Good knowledge of complex infrastructure project implementation and management in Guyana
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure frameworks and operations, and ability to interpret engineering drawings and understand BoQs
- Excellent knowledge in M&E of infrastructural projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Architecture. OR
- Master’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Architecture are required.
- At least five (5) years proven experience in managing similar projects with experience of supervising civil works of building construction or major maintenance or remodeling of office sites with bachelor’s degree. OR
- Two (2) years with Master’s degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software
- Advance knowledge of spreadsheet, database packages and electronic engineering tools
- Proven experience in Project Management for medium scale projects.
- English proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: Three (3) months