The Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GPH), through the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP), has partnered with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to implement a project entitled "Support to Peacebuilding and Normalization" (SPAN). SPAN aims to contribute towards sustaining the gains of the Government's peace process, and in ensuring peace and security in conflict-affected areas by (a) accelerating the implementation of the security and socio-economic aspects of the Normalization Annex of the GPI+Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro (CAB) and (b) strengthening the enabling environment for peace, recovery and development.
SPAN is composed of four (4) components: (1) Support to the Implementation of the Security Aspect of Normalization, (2) Support to the Implementation of the Socio-Economic Aspect of Normalization and (3) Strengthening the Enabling Environment for Peace, Recovery and Development, and (4) Component 4: Social Healing and Peacebuilding Programme for Marawi.
Under the overall guidance of SPAN Project Manager and direct reporting to the Head of Field Office, the Project Officer will contribute to research, financial management, and project implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Project Officer works in close collaboration with the OPAPP and the UNDP Resilience and Peacebuilding (RPB) Unit.
1.Ensures administration and implementation of project strategies, adapts processes and procedures at regional and sectoral levels, given the decentralization process in the country focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of Annual Work Plans (AWP) in order to identify and resolve issues on financial delivery towards the full and optimal utilization of project funds;
- Participates in the analysis and summarization of proposals on the thematic areas assigned.
- Presentation of information/ reports for identification of areas for support and interventions.
- Supports the implementation of the CO partnerships and resources mobilization strategies, preparation of reports.
2.Provides effective support and contributes to the effective management of the project focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of country programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, MCGAs, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Initiation of a project, contribute to presentation of the project to PAC, entering project into Atlas, finalization of contribution agreement, preparation of required budget revisions and closure of projects through review.
- Participation in Local Project Appraisal Committee (LPAC) and Contracts, Assets and Procurement Committee (CAP)
- Analyzes and submits procurement processes to CAP.
- Provision of guidance to the executing agencies on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Contribution to operational and substantive analysis of programme financial resources identification of operational and financial problems, and development of solutions.
3.Manages the provision of administrative support to the project focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Guidance in the elaboration of proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of Financial Reports.
- Guidance in the maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed; transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely monitoring and execution of corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
4. Contributes to the creation of strategic partnerships and implementation of the resource mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist the Project Manager in managing partnerships towards the effective, efficient and timely implementation of project activities;
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Liaison with donor and partner counterparts on the implementation of common initiatives and projects.
5.Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization and facilitation of trainings for the programme/ projects personnel on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in project.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Level 4: Adept with complex concepts and challenges convention purposefully
Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow
Level 4: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Level 4: Models independent thinking and action
Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Level 4: Synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis
Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Level 4: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
Competency Name: Level 4: Apply & Adapt: Contributes skills and knowledge with demonstrated ability to advance innovation and continuous improvement, in professional area of expertise
Competency Name Models independent thinking and action
- Demonstrates behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships.
Competency Name: Generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others
- Actively shares knowledge
- Creates new opportunities for team, not just self to learn and take on new responsibilities
Competency Name: Meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of products or services
- Embraces complex challenges and opportunities for getting work done
- Ability to embrace challenges with minimal supervision
- Works to develop organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability.
Master's degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, International Development, Development Studies, Community Development, Project Management or other related field. Or Bachelor’s degree in in relevant study with 7 years of experience
- At least 5 years work experience in project management and coordination; experience working in peacebuilding and conflict prevention project is an advantage
- Proficient in the use of computers and office software (MS Word, Excel etc.)
- Previous work experience in UN and other international organizations is an advantage.
Excellent English language skills; knowledge of regional languages in Mindanao is an advantage
Important application information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications with be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: six (6) months