Who we are
ARK Group is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation consultancy that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected areas from Yemen and the Palestinian camps of Lebanon to Iraq and Syria on behalf of public and private sector clients.
Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity. By way of example, when Syrian civilians had no emergency response services to deal with barrel bombings, we worked with local groups to set up Syria Civil Defence (the White Helmets), providing training and equipment and building the foundation for a national organisation that has to date saved over 100,000 lives.
ARK believes in enabling local communities to realise their aspirations and potential through the participatory design of projects and programmes that address the drivers and causes of conflict and instability. We are responsive and accountable to the communities we work in because so many of our staff and partners are from those communities.
We value inclusive, academically-rigorous, ethically-driven research and participatory design. We are innovators and incubators, finding and nurturing solutions in cooperation with our partners, whilst seeking to bridge the gap between our donors and the communities they wish to support. To the traditional project management disciplines of Economy, Effectiveness and Efficiency we add Empathy. With over a dozen nationalities in the company and a team that is one third composed of refugees, we embrace diversity, nurture opportunity and leverage the youthful enthusiasm of our staff, whilst drawing on the experience and expertise of our more senior staff. Finally, we believe in hard work, delivering results that everyone can be proud of, and caring for each other. Our staff are our biggest asset and their welfare is our first priority.
We have a highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices across the MENA region and plans to establish an operational footprint in Africa in 2018. As we grow we want to attract individuals with varying levels of experience delivering projects in unstable environments. We have listed below some of the requirements we are looking for, but if you don’t meet all of them, don’t worry – you probably have other attributes, skills and experiences you think we need. If so, send us a cover letter and CV. We want to hear from you.
Purpose of Position
Support the implementation of ARK’s Syria Communications project. Work with the production team to ensure programme objectives are met with deliverables of the highest quality, and within the required timeframe and budget.
• Produce high quality, professional outputs for on and offline audiences in Syria that attain reach and are resonant.
• Ensure all internal and contracted periodic reports are completed on time and to a high quality and in accordance with ARK and donor requirements.
• Work with the ARK’s teams to ensure commitment of adequate resources from approved budgets to support project implementation.
• When required and in conjunction with the Project Manager liaise with donors and clients to provide accurate, relevant and timely reporting on project implementation, impact and development opportunities.
• Liaise and coordinate across ARK project teams, headquarters and country offices to encourage sharing of knowledge and resources and effective programme synergies.
• Cultivate and strengthen ARK’s strategic partnership with any relevant actors, such as consortium partners, and identify other regional actors for potential new business opportunities.
• Working with the Project Manager, Programme Director and Head of Business Development assist in representing ARK in Turkey and help to identify new programming opportunities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of first degree in journalism or international development or equivalent professional experience/qualification
• A minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in international journalism and content production, including time in a management position.
• Proven analytical and project management skills, including experience in planning, budgeting and assessment.
• Demonstrated experience of working across different media formats, including film, television, radio and social media.
• Experience of working in the MENA/Levant region as well as experience of working with teams from diverse backgrounds and cultures in complex operating environments.
• Native-level English language written and oral skills, in order to compile and deliver complex and comprehensive reports, presentations and other materials for international donors.
• Wide professional network in the field of international media and production that can be leveraged in pursuit of project objectives.
• Commitment to team-building and demonstrated experience in training, development and mentoring of other team members.
• High personal adaptability, proactivity, and problem solving ability, with a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fluid environment.
• Personal flexibility to undertake international travel at short notice.
• Excellent social skills and effective inter-personal communication skills.
• Arabic language skills highly desirable.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now