ARK Group is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation company that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as delivers evidence-based, cost-effective, impactful programming, in areas of conflict and instability globally on behalf of public and private sector clients.
Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Note: this project is not currently confirmed, and as such we are looking for expressions of interest from candidates at this stage.
ARK is looking for a highly experienced Project Manager who will implement a peacebuilding and reconciliation project in Iraq. The project will work in the most complex areas of Iraq to increase social and community cohesion. A key component of this project is relationship building and effective management of highly sensitive projects in conflict areas. This position is contingent on award of funding.
The Project Manager will:
Manage the successful implementation of all project activities. Lead, manage, and supervise a number of in-country implementing partners. Write donor reports on project progress, activities, success, and recommendations. Brief clients on project activities. Serve as the main point of contact to donors, partner organizations, and local and national government authorities. Manage program budgets, including tracking of financial and material resources. Manage program expenditures, budget adjustments, and cost modification requests to donors. Contribute to ARK’s wider business development strategy, including through meetings with potential clients and seeking out avenues of new business.
- Experience Required: A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible project management experience working on issues of peacebuilding and social cohesion in Iraq and/or other MENA countries
- Education: Graduate degree in a relevant field such as international development, political studies, public administration and communications and media studies.
- Previous work managing UK grants and social cohesion/peacebuilding projects is highly desirable
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflicts within the team and to provide solutions for problems to the Chief of Staff
- Provide alternative solutions when confronted with problems that may affect the goals or deadlines for the project(s).
- Ability to work under pressure, be a self-starter, team builder, innovative and demonstrate the capacity for maintaining high professional standards.
- Full professional fluency in English.
- Arabic language highly desirable.
ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.