Cesvi has been working in Haiti since 2009, implementing its projects in the field of emergency, children’s rights, food security and watershed management in the South, North and West departments.
Currently actions are concentrated in two areas of Haiti: Port-au-Prince (PAP) and Les Cayes.
Project Title: Pestel and Corail Resilience
Location: Haiti, Grand’ Anse , Pestel and Corail municipalities
Duration: 36 months
Actors: Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Caritas Haiti-Jérémie, Cesvi Fondazione Onlus
Following the passage of Matthew hurricane in Haiti, in October 4th 2016, the country has suffered many casualties besides causing floodings, damages to the habitat, the agriculture, and the infrastructures..
Although since then the situation has improved, the Corail/Pestel area in the Grand’Anse remains unstable and precarious. .
The aim of “Pestel and Corail resilience ” project is to contribute to the reduction of food and nutrition insecurity of the vulnerable subjects in the affected area and to improve through structural actions.the population’s resilience towards these chronic problems.
In order to achieve the objective CRS, Cesvi and Caritas Haiti-Jérémie will work on three interrelated factors:
– the farmers ability to manage natural resources and to produce in a lasting and resilient way in order to generate a balanced diet and to increase their incomes
– strenghtening the inputs and seeds supply system and the facilitation of access to finance services and markets
the ability of the authorities and the other key actors to support and implement the construction of resilience on a regional, national and local level, through structural organization
The collaboration will start in March 2019.
The main duty station will Les Cayes
The Project Manager will respond to the HQs Desk Officer.
– Definition and implementation of project activities
– Local staff selection and training according to the project’s activities
– Direct coordination of staff, ensuring alignment with administrative and security matters
– Monitoring of project activities and identification of necessary amendments, in accordance with the HoM.
– Coordination with other PMs, for project implemented in the same area to avoid duplication and overlapping and promote synergy of intervention
– Coordination with partners for the activities to be implemented
– Coordination of Cesvi and partner’s staff assigning specific tasks and objectives to ensure the achievement project goals
– Financial management, procurement procedures and purchases related to the assigned projects, in collaboration with the administrator and under the supervision of the HQ accountant for the correct allocation of costs .
– Drafting of reports and submission of documentation to the donor (through the HQ) ensuring the achievement of the expected results foreseen in the project document for the related period
– Management of local partners’ relations
– Management of project donors’ relations, in coordination with the HoM
– Coordination with HQ and HoM for visibility activities related to the assigned projects
– Contribute to the definition of the country strategy
– Contribute to the definition of internal procedures manual
– Efficient management of the office, goods and means
– Ensuring the correct filling of project documentation
– Master degree in economics, agronomy, political science, international affairs, or other related field.
– Minimum 5 years’ experience working in foreign countries on agricultural, livelihoods, or other related development projects
– Proven experience in project writing (from need assessment to final presentation)
– Excellent abilities in dealing with international donors for presentation and negotiation of project proposals
– Strong networking and negotiation skills
– Communication skills with ability to work closely with local staff, beneficiaries, and partners
– Highly flexible and strong organizational and leadership skills
– Problem-solving and analytical skills
– Strong leadership, supervisory and interpersonal skills as well as experience with NGO procedures, approaches and operations
– Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel,
– Fluency in French (written and spoken)
– Knowledge of English
– Post graduate qualifications in management or related field.
– Skills in developing, delivering and evaluating training for staff
– Experience in administrative management in the humanitarian context
– Prior experience in Haiti
– Knowledge of Italian
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback if unsuccessful at applicant stage. Only short-listed candidates will be updated on the status of their application.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now