Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organisation representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
European Commission Strategic Grant
This is a four and half years project funded by the European Commission (EC) with the aim of strengthening Fairtrade as a representative, member -based regional, EU and global Civil Society umbrella organisation, giving voice and empowering over 1200 Producer Organisations globally. The project titled “Unlocking the Power of Producers and Workers to Drive Inclusive Trade and Development through Fairtrade” will particularly aim at ensuring a greater number of vulnerable farmers and agricultural workers are empowered and enabled to tackle poverty and exclusion.
The project covers five interrelated work-streams namely Governance; Participation & Inclusion; Systems Strengthening; Producer-led Advocacy and South-to-South all aimed at empowering producer and worker organizations as vehicles of inclusive development through the delivery of economic, social and environmental benefits for their members and communities.
The project will be implemented across the four FTA regional networks as listed above.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide oversight and overall coordination for the project to effectively deliver its objectives while ensuring the FTA’s financial and narrative reporting obligations to the funder are honoured in a timely and coordinated manner.
Post holder reports to: Programme Director
Project Oversight, Planning, Implementation and quality assurance
· Lead the development of the project implementation strategies and conceptual frameworks.
· Lead the development of project work-plans and budgets with periodic reviews in a timely and effective manner in accordance with the funder’s requirements.
· Accountable for timely and quality implementation of the project.
· Adhere to Fairtrade Africa operational and implementation standards.
· Coordinate the governance of the project across the areas of implementation.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
· Closely monitor project performance (financial, Human Resources, programmatic, operational) and make necessary decisions using appropriate means and methods that support continuous improvement.
· Responsible for coordinating, organizing, and formulating required narrative and financial reports in accordance with project, donor and organisational requirements.
· Continuously assess risks that relate to project implementation and formulate mitigation strategies.
· Support and respond to financial and programme audit to improve project performance.
· Provide information, data and case studies on a timely basis to the Fairtrade Africa Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) function including but not limited to progress reports.
· Establish and maintain a database of all project documents and reports.
· Supports all Monitoring and Evaluation activities of the project.
· Disseminate top level programme recommendations and key learnings with staff and relevant stakeholders
Supervision and Support – HR
· Responsible for directly managing and supporting project staff.
· Establish and maintain strategic partnerships across the regional networks and thematic areas.
· Proactively support advocacy efforts at national, regional and international levels.
· Support fundraising efforts related to replication and scale up of programme learnings.
· Coordinate resource mobilisation efforts in order to meet requirements of the donor of match funding.
Skills, Knowledge & other Job Requirements
Minimum Academic Requirement
· An advanced degree in a social sciences or other related Masters programme. A bachelors’ degree in social sciences or development studies with 7 years’ experience in project management will be accepted in lieu of an advanced degree.
Other Specialist Training or Certifications
· Diploma, certificate in Project Management
· Experience in planning, developing and managing projects. Experience managing EC funded programmes in Africa attracts distinct advantage.
· Experience in external representation with governments, civil society donors and producer networks.
· At least 5 years’ experience in project management.
Knowledge of Systems and Procedures
· Knowledge and experience in relevant policy, advocacy and/or research work
· Knowledge of current development policy trends and frameworks, especially the Sustainable Development Goals.
· Knowledge in government policy-making processes
· Understanding of Gender and Development
Communication demands and Competencies
· Position demands high level presentation skills
· Good organisational skills
· Strong research skills
· Project management skills
· Ability to engage at all levels
· Funding proposal writing skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and fluent written and spoken English.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now