Adam Smith International is a strategic development company that helps people prosper by making economies stronger, societies safer, and governments more effective. Our clients are governments, international organisations, companies, and foundations. They come to us to develop strategies and to design, deliver and evaluate programmes that, in turn, stimulate growth, stability and good governance.
Our core team of managers and technical experts, in offices around the world, ensures the quality of delivery and high ethical standards that we and our clients require. We bring together a global network of specialist experts, who contribute their experience and know-how, where and when it is needed.
ASI is owned and operated by its employees, and we are all dedicated to making a meaningful difference in complex, challenging situations. We are committed to corporate integrity and a triple bottom line of social, environmental and financial performance.
About the Role
ASI is seeking an outstanding candidate to play a role in the delivery of ÉLAN RDC, a complex, five-and-a-half-year £52 million market systems development programme in the DRC, with a 40+ strong project team based in 2 field offices delivering interventions with various companies in multiple provinces across the country.
The successful candidate will join the Africa Team within the wider Project Delivery Practice. The role will be based in Kinshasa or Goma, DRC. Key responsibilities will include taking on project management responsibilities of ÉLAN RDC as well as supporting the project closure or transition to the next phase of the programme (ÉLAN 1.2), should ASI be successful in securing the opportunity. The selected candidate will also support the team’s research, communication and knowledge management activities, liaising closely with external stakeholders and Adam Smith International colleagues.
- A post-graduate degree in international development, economics, international relations, political science or other relevant fields from an internationally recognised university;
- Demonstrated experience of project management, financial management, human resources management, initiative, planning and organisation skills, results-focus and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Outstanding English and French written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team-work;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Enthusiasm and flexibility along with a willingness to travel at short notice and work in developing countries; and
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Congolese Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply