SOS Children's Villages www.sos-childrensvillages.org is an international non-governmental social development organisation that has been active in the field of children's rights and committed to children's needs and concerns since 1949. In 133 countries and territories our activities focus on children without parental care and children of families in difficult circumstances.
We work on family-based, long-term care of children who can no longer grow up with their biological families. At our SOS Children's Villages children experience reliable relationships and loving care once again. They grow up in a stable family environment and are supported individually until they become independent young adults.
We also support disadvantaged families to prevent crisis that can in the worst case scenario lead to children being placed in out-of-home care. Our family strengthening programmes build on families' and communities' resources, on their ability to organize themselves and on their responsibility for the well-being of the children.
The Project Manager is responsible for SOS Children Village operations in Duhok, Iraq. The project manager will be expected to lead on program implementation and management. S/he will supervise and work directly with his/her team in Duhok. PM is responsible for the management and coordination of project activities, overseeing efficient implementation of the program, financial management of the program, advocacy, M&E and respecting accountability and compliance requirements of SOS children’s village and its donors, beneficiaries and the local government authorities. S/he is further responsible for development of new initiatives, safety and security of the team, representation and coordination with the UN clusters, local authorities and other agencies, and conduct performance management of the team members reporting to the position. The post holder is not expected to travel frequently. The PM will ensure compliance with SOS policies and procedures, including the clear and consistent application of child safeguarding and code of conduct policies.
Strategy and policy development
· PM will contribute to strategic and policy debate and drafts shared for input/ feedback as well as take lead in developing some of these
· S/he will assist the ERP IOR in developing a country strategy for Iraq and actively participate in the process and writing up sections of the strategy document
Program implementation and management
· The PM ensures that program delivery is on track, and that organizational policies and procedures are consistently applied in all operations and programming. The post is responsible for ensuring that projects are reported on in line with agreed project objectives and deadlines, and that agreed approaches to program implementation and program cycle management are applied. Further, the PM is responsible to:
· Prepare, update and implement project work plans and review progress on a monthly basis with input from partner and all members of team.
· Promote of participatory approaches in the program, particular community and children’s participation
· Prepare regular reports on budgets and expenditures in collaboration with Finance/Operations Manager to track spending and take corrective action if necessary.
· Prepare timely narrative donor and internal reports.
· Work with ERP IOR advisor to oversee management of the grant including the timely implementation of planned activities and appropriate spending of funds.
· Ensure timely grant reporting that clearly relates to the stated goals and objectives of relevant grant and relates expenditures to activities.
· Identify funding gaps for program activities and assist ERP IOR and PSA’s in program development to ensure that funds are raised to address those gaps in annual planning..
· Provide youth and women associations with technical assistance in writing new project initiatives and proposals
· Collaborate with Finance and activity manager on finances and budget tracking
· Conduct and or participate in assessments and donor liaison as appropriate
· Mobilise support of government, NGO, and community stakeholders for garnering support for SOS Children village activities and programs at field level.
· Facilitate visits to the project sites by donor representatives, auditors, PSA and IOR
· Represent SOS CV at all relevant forums, cluster meetings and with local authorities.
· Identify advocacy and human and children rights issues in the program and advocate with the concerned authorities, humanitarian actors, donors, UN and other actors
Capacity Building and Training
· Identify needs and design capacity building program for the youth and women associations, partners, representatives of relevant government line departments in key areas including financial management, donor compliance, child protection and monitoring and evaluation.
· Deliver training and where appropriate enlist external expertise.
· Provide ongoing training and support to partner organizations and staff members.
· Comply fully and ensure partner compliance with SOS CV’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Develop M&E plans for all projects
· Perform project monitoring and evaluation in line with donor reporting requirements and log frame
· Maintain database with beneficiary numbers
· Facilitate internal and external evaluations of the project, using these as opportunities to document achievements, challenges and learning.
· Strengthen culture of accountability and learning within the team and in the course of project implementation
· Ensure compliance with donor and SOS CV rules and regulations in all areas including financial management, record keeping and procurement
· Comply fully with SOS CVs finance, security and child protection policies and procedures..
· Ensure that receipts and supporting documents are provided to the based Finance and Operations Manager and Finance Officer in line with donor and SOS CV requirements.
· Liaise with the IOR ERP and German based HGFD grants Coordinator to resolve any budgeting issues.
· Ensure partner compliance with all of the above.
· Assist ERP IOR in identifying and approaching in-country donors for matched funding for projects and fund raising.
Human Resource Management
· Manage the team and ensure they have opportunities to build their experience and knowledge in the relevant sectors/ areas of focus for SOS CV.
· Ensure all team members have a work plan, performance management plan is in place and regular performance reviews are conducted.
· Encourage the team on self-development approach and in this regard provide the necessary guidance
B) Person specification – Essential Criteria:
SOS CV’s IOR ERP is a lively and fast-paced environment made up of a team of extremely dedicated staff & volunteers. We’re looking for someone who can fit in well and bring their personality, creativity and professionalism to our communications and the wider charity. c
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel