- Reports to: National Coordinator/National Focal Point and UNDP Governance Programme Manager
- Project reference: Office of the Minister of State for Economic Empowerment of Women and Youth (EEWAY)
- Pay Level: SC10
- Source of Funding: 00103917
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) has partnered with the Office of the Minister of State for Economic Empowerment of Women and Youth (EEWAY) to provide technical support to the latter and the Lebanese government in addressing priorities pertaining to women affairs. As such, the following two specific objectives will be focused on:
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day activities related to the management and implementation of the Project, including procurement, project monitoring and evaluation, financial management, progress and financial reporting;
- Manage and provide guidance to the project team and ensure timely implementation, results –orientation and accountability for project results;
- Guide the project staff to perform project oversight, quality assurance, monitoring, reporting, field missions, audits, evaluations, formulations and project support services providing day-to-day guidance by enhancing team work within the project;
- Ensure effective utilization, supervision and development of staff; guides, evaluate and mentor staff, assigns responsibilities and tasks, and supervise their performance;
- Supervise consultants and evaluate their performance in delivering outputs as described in the Terms of Reference; and
- Supervise all operational matters and documents, including payment orders, contracts, bids etc. Oversee and account for all logistics to the operations of the project, including auditing and inventory of equipment.
- Ensure close financial and procurement oversight and monitoring of all activities of the project;
- Develop annual work plans and corresponding budget plans contributing to the achievement of target outputs specified in the project document;
- Develop and update quarterly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work plan;
- Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders, internal and external, including civil society, UN agencies, donors, and partners;
- Identify opportunities and engage in resource mobilization initiatives;
- Provide technical analysis, and advisory and strategic guidance in the area of economic empowerment of women and youth;
- Monitor the progress on agreed results framework and performance indicators and take action/decision and/or provide timely support to project staff;
- Set direction for monitoring and evaluation priorities;
- Guide development of overall monitoring and evaluation systems for the project and put mechanisms in place for proper and timely reporting;
- Monitor the progress of project implementation, assessing results and identifying areas of weaknesses to ensure the project achieves the planned results in accordance with relevant plans; and
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Monitor and manage any strategic risks/issues facing the project; submit new risks/issues to the Board for consideration and decision on possible actions if required; update the status of these risks/issues by maintaining the Project Risks/Issues Log;
- Ensure that relevant project outputs, good practice, and lessons learned are disseminated in compliance with quality requirements of the EEWAY and UNDP;
- Prepare and submit progress reports, annual reports, project completion report and other reports that may be required;
- Represent UNDP and EEWAY, as requested, in relevant international and national meetings, seminars, panels, etc;
- Ensure project meets expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy; and
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Minister of State for Economic Empowerment of Women and Youth and/or the UNDP Programme Manager.
- Solid academic and professional background;
- Extensive knowledge of Lebanese political, social, and economic contexts, as well as current challenges;
- Knowledge of theLebanese public administration, and UN agencies’ operations in Lebanon; extensive knowledge of international treaties and conventions, as well as national legislations pertaining to youth and women affairs
- Proven experience in strategic planning, performance management, and team leadership;
- Strong ability to draft, edit, and produce results-focused reports meeting international standard;
- Fluency in word processing, spreadsheets, project management, and internet skills;
- Significant experience in working with a wide range of partners (public institutions, private sector, donors, civil society) and proven ability to negotiate and to troubleshoot relationships with variety of stakeholders;
- Display of cultural, gender, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), marketing and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Dedication to the principles of UNDP, especially of its mission, vision, values, and working in a culture of neutrality; and
- Demonstrated leadership skills, self-management and project management;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economy, Law, Public Administration, Political Science, or any other related field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years with a Master’s Degree.
- Experience with issues related to human rights, gender/women affairs and youth affairs, UN agencies, and/or Lebanese public administration is desirable.
- Experience in strategic planning, performance management, and team leadership is an asset
- Experience in working with a wide range of partners (public institutions, private sector, donors, civil society etc.) is desirable.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: Until December 31, 2019 (renewable)