Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Location: Azraq Camp
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
Scope of Work:
- Overall management of the project.
- Provide the proper support to the program staff in several locations and different geographical areas.
- Manage the project budget.
- Working with program staff and procurement to ensure that supplies are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Using appropriate techniques to manage changes and alterations in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Manage the administrative tasks of the project staffing including recruitment
- Participate in the recruitment of project staff.
- Monitor the recruitment of volunteers ensuring compliance with SOPs in place.
- Work closely with location managers and Medical Coordinators to ensure proper implementation of all medical related activities.
- Liaison with other project managers and different departments within International Medical Corps.
- Liaising with donor
- Management of non-medical requests and supply to different departments and locations.
- Correlation and Coordination between the project stakeholders, and all organization departments
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the line manager.
- Manages the efforts of all key cross-functional departments to perform all project-related activities according to project achievements/accomplishments/updates in a manner ethical business practices, the organization’s rules and regulations, MoH and WHO standards.
- Maintains communication as required, to discuss the outcome of any identified opportunities and/or barriers to the successful completion of the project
- Support the integration of CBFRM community awareness into the existing program outreach activities.
- Resolve non-sensitive feedback and complaints collected from project sites that are routed by the Accountability Officer /MEAL team
- Refer non-sensitive feedback and complaints received about other organization to their respective entities and focal points.
- Bachelor degree of Engineering, Health Facilities Management, Medicine.
- At least two years’ proven experience of project management.
- Past experience with NGO is preferable.
- Excellent command in Arabic and English.
- Reporting for the project status, challenges, achievements and timelines
- Plans, organizes, and manages all aspects of assigned retrospective, outcome, and prospective projects
- Manages project budget, Procurement monitoring in compliance with the budget
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Participate and contribute in the monthly pipeline/grant review and projections meetings.
Contribute actively to budget development for DFAT and other proposals.
Prepare and update the procurement plan when necessary.
Compliance & Ethics
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
This job description is subject to periodic review and adjustment in order to achieve International Medical Corps’s goals in Jordan, and any changes to JD will be discussed and agreed