Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacancy in its Ramallah Office:
Position: Project Manager
Position Ref.: SCI/ PM /2019
Contract Type: National Post
Deadline to apply: February 20, 2019
The role: To provide strategic and technical leadership to 9.2 million US $ project titled “Securing children’s rights to education and protection in Palestine”.**
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall project management cycle including; fine tuning and providing strategic direction to project consortium, leading and producing annual plans and budgets and any amendments, developing quality donor reports, quality assurance and effective leading and provide management and leadership to project team and the consortium. Provide budget holding duties and ensuring timely resource mobilization and utilization ensuring compliance with SCI and donor policies and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
A- Project consortium and strategy
· Develop and maintain effective partnership with the consortium members including the line ministries and the implementation partners, fine tune the relationships, standardize and institutionalize the project communication among stakeholders and partners, which including steering committee and project management team.
· Present the project as delegated to host government, donor and community.
· Monitor environment and risk management, ensuring mitigation are developed, communicated and implemented as approved.
B- Project planning and monitoring
· Lead the project and consortium through the annual implementation plan development process, ensuring compliance with the project design, Scope of Work (SoW), budget and quality standards.
· Produce donor level annual plans, reports and budgets.
· Coordinate the consortium intervention and activities according to the plan ensure effective and timely delivery of programme activities. Administer and facilitate the contractual aspects with partners and SCI departments to ensure compliance and effective business relations.
· Ensure MEAL plan is developed, resourced, implemented and serve informed decision making processes.
· Conduct monthly progress review for the project activities with the consortium and project team, ensure progress is achieved as planned, map challenges and actions identified and rolled out in timely fashion.
· Produce quality reports including, internal briefs, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and ensure compliance with the reporting deadlines and quality. Ensure programme assets and resources are well managed according to SCI and donor policies and regulations with support from SCI related departments.
C- Partnership capacity building and training
· Follow up and provide needed support to ensure all identified capacity gap/area opportunities for partners as identified in the pre-award assessment, ensuring capacity development and performance improvement.
· Monitor the issues might rise or appear through the life of the grant and communicate the needed for resources and actions that need to fill any new gap.
· Provide feedback on partner capacity issue/performance to the partnership management scheme of SCI.
· Review the financial audits and consult with the finance team for feedback/issues.
D- Staff and self development, staff leadership.
· Work with line manager to identify the development plan for his/her self and the sub-ordinates and ensure any talent is identified and work with HR on the staff development plan. Track and evaluate regularly and update as agreed with the line manager.
· Ensure effective participation and learning of rolled out High Performance Organization (HPO) projects.
· Successfully complete all SCI essential trainings and learning schemes.
· Provide timely and quality feedback, support and guidance for subordinate ensuring high quality performance and further polish of the needed skills and competencies.
E- Advocacy, communication and material production
· Ensure advocacy and communication plan are consistent with the country office strategy through effective collaboration with Policy, Advocacy and Communications (PAC) team.
· Working closely with PAC team to capture lessons learned, success stories, evidence to inform policy and material production.
F- Emergency response and support:
· Contribute to the Country Office (CO) contingency plan process and response strategy development.
· Ensure appropriate resources are re-allocated in case of an emergency.
Master’s degree in Education, International Development, Development Studies or any related field.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 120 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the rights of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now