PROJECT FINANCE OFFICER
The Project Finance Officer (PFO) reports to the Administration and Finance Manager (AFM). S/he will support the Program team in budget planning, monitoring and preparation of financial reports for all donor-funded grants. In coordination with the Project Coordinator or assigned project lead, s/he is responsible in ensuring quality of financial reports from local partner organizations. S/he recommends improvement of policies and procedures that are deemed necessary to improve the country office’s internal control system.
- Planning and Budgetary Management. Coordinate with project lead during planning, execution and monitoring of project funds; conduct regular monitoring, provide analysis, prepare regular financial reports and update on funds disbursement as per approved work plan; in coordination with AFM and project lead, initiate budget reallocation/modification when necessary, ensuring that it is accepted in writing by the donor; facilitate release of fund transfers to local partners; check expenditures to ensure accuracy of all transactions in relation to budget lines and activities; ensure timely release project related payments;
- Financial Reporting: Ensure the submission of timely financial reports and required supporting documents from local partners; review local partners’ periodic financial reports and provide comments & recommendations; work with project lead (direct implementation) for the timely preparation of financial reports and submit to the AFM and Program Manager for review;
- Proposal budget development: Support the Program Unit in budget preparation for new project proposals, ensuring compliance to donor and Educo guidelines;
- Auditing & Compliance: Ensure project audits are done in accordance with financial guidelines as per project agreement; conduct field monitoring activities for validation of selected financial transactions to ensure compliance to donors’ regulations and inform AFM of the findings; provide assistance in the preparations and conduct of Educo annual audit;
- Capacity building: Provide technical assistance and budget management coaching to Program team, and technical support to local partner finance staff;
- Assist in performing other necessary tasks assigned by AFM within Educo scope of operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, a CPA License would be an advantage;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience as Finance Officer, ideally working with development-related projects;
- Experience on the following: preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis; working with project teams and local partners; proposal development of projects in education, DRR, child protection and governance;
- Experience with external donor-funded project/s (USAID, DFID, JICA, KOICA, EU, DFAT, Global Affairs Canada, etc.) is an advantage;
- Capable of strict adherence to the organization’s rules, regulations and procedures;
- Above average MS Office application skills (specifically Word and Excel);
- Good facilitation and documentation skills;
- Able to establish and maintain positive rapport with colleagues and local partners
- Committed; able to share knowledge and learning experiences with colleagues; actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies new acquired skills;
- Results-oriented, organized and systematic, resourceful and creative, with attention to details
- Ability to work long hours and a team player;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and self-driven.
We are offering:
- A fixed-term position for one year, subject to evaluation after six (6) months; with possibility of extension after the one-year contract; To start immediately.
- Competitive compensation and benefit package