Counterpart International is currently seeking a Finance intern and this is a part-time position based in Arlington, VA headquarters (HQ) and works 29 hours per week. This position will report to the Project Finance Manager.
Assist Project Finance Officers in the following tasks:
- Review field financial reports and ensure complete, accurate reports and documentation are submitted to HQ.
- Support field offices and provide guidance of complying with Counterpart policies and procedures related to Field Financial Management.
- Review vouchers and documentation supporting field transactions. Identify risks and non-compliance with donor regulations and control procedures.
- Upload field accounting transaction and record HQ sub-partner invoices in the HQ accounting system.
- Review and reconcile general ledgers of assigned portfolio monthly; Investigate errors and prepare to correct entries for posting as needed.
- Review and clear HQ payment requests charged to the assigned portfolio.
- Prepare, monitor, and analyze monthly project financial reports of assigned portfolio.
- Prepare and submit external financial reports/invoices of the assigned portfolio in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Manage and analyze cash positions of assigned portfolio.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor/Master degree candidates in accounting, finance or related field;
Advanced MS Excel skills;
Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, respond to changes in priorities, and work in a rapidly changing, deadline driven environment;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in teams;
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
Strong service-focused orientation; must work well and respectfully with field office personnel;
English Fluency required; foreign language skills strongly preferred.