International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 400
Vienna, VA 22182
Tel: 703-749-0100 Fax: 703-749-0110 E-Mail: HR@IBTCI.COM
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Project Director
Department/Location: Business Development
Reports To: Vice President
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a Project Director for the anticipated Global Health Technical Assistance Mission Support (GH-TAMS) Task Order with the USAID/Bureau of Global Health. This Task Order is under the OASIS Small Business Pool 1 with an expected period of performance of 5 years and a continuation from the Global Health Program Cycle Improvement Project.
The USAID/Bureau of Global Health is seeking mechanisms to respond to Missions’ needs by identifying and deploying highly skilled health professionals available to fill temporary gaps in the Missions’ Health portfolio. GH-TAMS will provide the Bureau of Global Health and USAID Missions with access to high quality, external technical expertise to design and support the contributing achievements of the U.S. Government health objectives. The activities of GH-TAMS will support cross-cutting health issues such as gender, health systems strengthening, environment, science and technology.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
· Provide overall leadership and management of the project and contract.
· Provide technical supervision of all contract work, consultant identification and management, dissemination of information, submission of reports and other contract deliverables.
· Organize consultancies to ensure that the interests of USAID are best served.
· Collaborate with the COR in the Office of the Acquisitions and Assistance (OAA) in carrying out all project activities.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Demonstrated Knowledge of U.S. Government and/or international development organization policies and procedures as they relate to international development.
· A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in International Development.
· A minimum of five years of demonstrated successful experience as a senior manager of complex program(s) providing technical assistance in health, nutrition, or population in a development country.
Education: Master’s and/or PhD in Business Administration, Public Health and/or related to International Development.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office setting with some time overseas.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is overall head and lead of project team.
Travel: Some travel overseas may be required, as needed.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the USA. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.