Ukraine : Project Development Intern - Ukraine
Reference : PDI/UKR/SA
Duration 6 months
Starting date: 2016/09/01
Background on ACTED
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people's dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people's potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED's mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED's approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
In response to the emergency situation in Ukraine, ACTED recruits
The PDI's tasks will focus on but are not limited to:
1. Ensuring reporting in a timely and quality manner. Standard ACTED reporting tools will be used but the PDI is also expected to liaise with programme and project managers, the monitoring and evaluation department, other departments within ACTED, and possibly other actors to ensure all data provided is accurate and comprehensive.
2. Assist the project development officer and manager in developing project proposals. The PDI will gather information from field teams, which feeds into proposals.
3. Drafting internal and external communication that involves the base. This includes minute taking at meetings, gathering flash news and writing success stories for the ACTED website, development of ACTED fact sheets in preparation of donor visits, and addressing ad hoc donor requests as assigned by the PDO or PDM.
4. Ad hoc tasks as assigned by PDM or AC such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, writing research reports, drafting memos, and/or making presentations.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in international development studies, international relations, human rights, WASH, migration, agriculture, food security, gender studies, or a related field;
- Fluent English (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills;
- Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred;
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation in the ACTED gueshouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg, and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
Submission of applications
Please send, in English, your cover letter, CV, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ref : PDI/UKR/SA
For more information, visit us at http://www.acted.org