Department: Grant Management
Position: Project Development Intern - Turkey
Contract duration: 6 months
Location: Antakya, Turkey
Starting Date October**
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
We go the last kilometer: ACTED’s mission is to save lives and support people in meeting their needs in hard to reach areas. ACTED develops and implements programs that target the most vulnerable amongst populations that have suffered from conflict, natural disaster, or socio-economic hardship. ACTED’s approach looks beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihoods reconstruction and sustainable development.
With a budget of 164 million EUR in 2014, ACTED is active in 35 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
II. Country Profile
Capital Office: Gazientep
On-going Programs: 8 (2014)
Budget: 5.8 M euros (2014)
National Staff: 43 (2014)
In response to the emergency situation in Syria, ACTED recruits in Turkey.
III. Position Profile
The PDI’s taks will focus on but are not limited to:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international development studies, international relations, human rights, WASH, migration, agriculture, food security, gender studies, or a related field;
· Fluent English (written and spoken), excellent writing and communication skills;
· Prior work experience with an INGO in an emergency setting preferred;
· Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
· Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office;
· Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
· Intern benefits include: a 300 USD per month living allowance, coverage of all accommodation in the ACTED gueshouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg, and the provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now