Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Nay Pyi Taw
Reporting to: Project Manager
Responsible for: Line management of Project Staff
Coordination with: Ministry of Health and other government agencies at Union and sub-Union level; international organisations including WHO; partner Universities, other projects of HelpAge
Other internal relationships: HelpAge staff in Myanmar including finance and logistics, and staff at Regional Office
Start Date: As soon As Possible
Duration: One year with possibility of extension based on performance.
Non-communicable diseases (NCD) have appeared as the leading causes of death in Myanmar. According to the WHO NCD Myanmar country profile (2014), NCDs are estimated to account for 59% of the total 441,000 deaths in the country. Government of Myanmar has been making several efforts for strengthening health systems for prevention and control of NCDs in the country. The Better Health Program (BHP) programme seeks to address two key health problems identified during scoping. The first is the significant challenge which Middle Income Countries (MICs), including those that are the focus of this programme, face from the rising burden of lifestyle or Non–Communicable Diseases (NCDs) – chiefly cardio vascular diseases (heart, hypertension), diabetes, cancer and chronic respiratory diseases. The long-term Impact of the programme is intended to be a healthier, and more productive female and male workforce, leading to higher rates of GDP growth, including increased labor participation by women in Myanmar with the expected outcome of reduced premature mortality and morbidity due to NCDs. HelpAge International is a consortium partner along with four South East Asian countries to implement this project in Myanmar.
Job purpose: The Project Coordinator works in conjunction with the HelpAge public health team and three partner Universities and Ministry of Health and Sports to assists with the implementation of the projects. The Project Coordinator will also be providing support to other administrative tasks within the organization.
· Support the partner institutions University of Medicine Mandalay, University of Nursing Mandalay, University of Community Health Magway and Ministry of Health and Sports Nay Pyi Taw in the implementation of project activities.
· Support the project manager and Principal Investigators in monitoring of the project indicators.
· Support the stakeholders in the development of training materials through gathering needed information and coordinating with relevant stakeholders
· Ensure technical and logistic preparation and supervision of workshops, trainings, meetings and other activities organized by the project and ensure high quality through proper monitoring and evaluation measures are followed.
· Support Project Manager in maintaining clear project management processes, monitoring of project progress against milestones, consolidating project financial reports, budget management and timely compilation and submission of project reports to the donor.
· Ensure proper documentation of all activities and document processes, progress and lessons learned
· Develop and maintain good working relations with project partners, government officials and other stakeholders
· Document and report all difficulties and relevant information in a timely manner.
· Perform any other tasks and responsibilities allocated by the project manager for ensuring success of project activities and achieving the objectives of the project.
· Myanmar national with university degree in Medicine with advance studies in Public health or other health related fields
· At least 5 years’ experience in coordination of project/interventions on public health issues with various departments of Ministry of Health and Sports
· Highly skilled in training, facilitation, monitoring and reporting skills
· High level of interpersonal, written, oral communication and presentation skills
· Computer literate and good report writing skills
· Ability to work effectively in a team with from various cultures and professional backgrounds
· Fluent in English and Burmese language.
· Flexibility and ability to change work according to the objectives
· Ability to travel frequently within Myanmar
Note: Those who are willing to relocate to Nay Pyi Taw will only be considered.