Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting human and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance of Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Assistant will be responsible for providing support services to the mission’s program implementation activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the realization of all activities related to the project implementation, including but not limited to making arrangements for meetings and workshops, collecting and compiling data for Monitoring and Evaluation purposes, and working closely with the Administrative and Financial Assistant to ensure all operational policies and procedures are followed.
- Support capacity building efforts undertaken under the project implementation.
- Provide administrative and logistics support required for the successful implementation of project activities.
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of work plans, workshop materials, and donor reports.
- Provide direct support to project consultants and IOM staff traveling in Algeria for the project, including making travel, accommodation, and other arrangements, such as translation services, as needed.
- Undertake duty travel within Algeria for project implementation purposes.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
· High School degree in relevant field with four years of relevant professional experience.
· Past experience in counter-trafficking, migration issues, or a related programme;
· Experience in liaising with government authorities, other international/ national institutions, NGOs, as well as coordinating stakeholder groups;
· Strong computer skills.
Fluency in English and French is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.