AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Project Assistant who will be positioned in Community Centre (CC), Sanliurfa
The job holder will be responsible for the CC activities to support the most vulnerable populations by providing service guidance and individualized assistance.
- Conduct and assist the CC activities and events
- Liaison with stakeholders including, host community and partners;
- Assist monitoring and provide feedback of community center and CFS activities;
- Cooperate PR activity by the request of Tokyo H.Q.;
- Referring beneficiaries in case of necessary internally;
- Conduct the works assigned by the Employer;
Secondary School certificate
Working experience in related field
Fluency in Turkish (Kurdish and/or Arabic are assets)
Strong Communication skills.
Ability to use a computer and Microsoft office software
-Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Diploma/Bachelor degree
-Ability to speak English