The project will provide multiple global and local benefits by strengthening land, forest and reef management processes (ecosystem functions) and biodiversity conservation on all terrestrial landscapes and marine and seascapes in Grenada, especially within and around marine and terrestrial protected areas (MPA/TPAs). This will be achieved through a multi-focal strategy having a “Ridge to Reef” approach that increases Protected Areas management effectiveness and applies targeted land management practices to include:
(i) Development of a policy-based legal, planning and institutional/regulatory framework in support of a sustainably managed network of TPAs and MPAs
(ii) Development and management of landscapes and seascapes by adopting the approach of integrating SLM and SFM/REDD+ principles and practices as a matter of public policy (integrated approach for managing forest ecosystems, protection and sustainable use of the biodiversity, prevention of land/sea degradation, and integration of people’s livelihood objectives within the management of forest and marine eco-systems.)
(iii) By piloting SFM/REDD+ and SLM practices in the Annandale/Beausejour watershed to improve carbon stocks, reducing deforestation, reducing susceptibility to drought (and forest fires) and consequent land degradation that would impact downstream landscapes and seascapes.
The Project Administrative and Finance Assistant is responsible for the financial and administrative management of the project activities and assists in the in the preparation of quarterly and annual work plans and progress reports of review and monitoring by UNDP. The Project Administrative and Finance Assistant will have the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for providing general financial and administrative support to the project
· Take own initiative and perform daily work in compliance with annual work schedules
· Assist in management of the budget cycle: planning, preparation, revisions, and budget execution
· Draft correspondence and documents of an administrative nature in consultation with the PC
· Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of project files
· Provide assistance to partner agencies involved in project activities, performing and monitoring financial aspects to ensure compliance with budgeted costs in line with UNDP policies and procedures
· Monitor project expenditures, ensuring that no expenditure is incurred before it has been authorised
· Assist project team in drafting quarterly and yearly project reports, including FACE forms, narrative quarterly reports, annual donor reports and UNDP Quality Assurance reports
· Coordinate administrative arrangements with regard to procurement activities for the project
· Support preparation and update of annual procurement plans
· Ensure the UNDP and Government of Grenada procurement rules are followed as applicable during procurement activities that are carried out by the project
· Maintain the inventory of the project assets
· Support management of consultant contracts, including maintaining files of deliverables, reports, meeting minutes and final performance review
· Perform preparatory work for mandatory and general budget revisions, annual physical inventory and auditing, and assist external evaluators in fulfilling their mission
· Prepare all outputs in accordance with the UNDP administrative and financial office guidance
· Ensure the project utilises the available financial resources in an efficient and transparent manner
· Ensure that all project financial activities are carried out on schedule and within budget to achieve the project outputs
· Coordinate logistics for meetings, workshops, and visiting officials relating to the project
· And as Secretary to the Project Steering Committee
· Resolve all administrative and support issues that might arise during the project
· Perform all other administrative and financial related duties, upon request
· A demonstrated ability in the financial management of development projects and in liaising and cooperating with government officials, NFOs, etc.
· Self-motivated and ability to work under the pressure
· Team-oriented, possesses a positive attitude, and works well with others
· Flexible and willing to travel as required
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and writing communication skills in English
· High School graduate with 6 years’ working experience in the relevant field; or
· Two-year College with 4 years’ experience in the relevant field
· Bachelors’ degree with 2 years’ experience in the relevant field could be desirable, but is not a requirement.
· Professional certification in accounting, finance, business administration or other relevant fields would be an asset.
· Experience in finance and administrative work in an international organisation or organisations related to project implementation would be an asset.
· Previous experience working with a GEF-supported or UNDP project would be an asset.
Contract Duration: One Year
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now