- Support the project in compiling and developing project work-plans, project budgets and expenditure reports; budget revisions as per work plan revisions.
- Maintain and update financial reports, combined delivery reports, project correspondence, donor reporting and update financial management dashboard.
- Preparation of requests for payments, scrutiny and verification of supporting documents to ensure accuracy of financial information submitted for payment processing based on relevant contracts and agreements.
- Review of payment request received from other offices for accuracy and compliance.
- Preparing and submission of on demand financial reports to project management and component leads.
- Follow up with UNDP Core finance team for queries, observations, and timely payment processing.
- Regular scrutiny of the actual financial data of project to monitor for any variance, exceptions and suggest corrective actions including recommendations for necessary budget amendments.
- Ensure integrity of financial and administrative procedures as well as a consistent application of UNDP rules and procedures about project implementation and compliance with internal control framework of UNDP
- Proper management of the contribution’s management business process and accounting for contributions to ensure that the money due to UNDP is properly identified, consistently and uniformly classified, recorded on a timely basis and received with sufficient supporting documentation.
- Proper management of UNDP assets, facilities and logistical services, including full compliance with applicable UNDP Operational Policies.
- Track internal expenditures control system including timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, follow-up of unapproved vouchers, inter-project funds transfers and reconciliations, corrective entries of posted vouchers.
- Ensure adequate disclosure are provided with each process for internal/external audit preparation. Facilitate supervisor in responding to the auditor’s queries.
- Provide oversight to ensure that qualitative services are provided to national partners including fair and transparent procurement process and efficient operational support.
- Create, supervise and manage the requisitions, registers of goods receipt, budget check for requisitions.
- Inventory management of project assets including proper record of issuance of all project assets to project staff and consultants. Keeping track of Inventory items issued to project partners. Project level stock taking at regular intervals.
- Review and monitor Implementing Partner’s disbursements, FACE form review and analysis of advances, expenditures, and settlements in ATLAS ERP system.
- Capacity development of implementing partner’s staff on Financial and administrative management and UNDP applicable rules and regulations.
- Sharing advisories and learning platforms and to track the project budget, Common Services cost sharing and actual expenditure reporting.
- Support the programme team in coordination with Government and other partners for events, workshops and meetings, including preparation of agenda, invitations, and drafting and circulation of minutes of the meetings;
- Provide travel arrangement support to the staff including travel authorization, raising requisition and request for security clearance, transport and hotel accommodation and processing of related payments;
- Manage project’s vehicle and logbooks verification, POL and maintenance of equipment and ensure that project resources are utilized with due diligence.
- Knowledge building and sharing, Operations staff trainings, synthesis of lessons learnt/best practices, and sound contributions to UNDP knowledge networks
Ability to persuade others to follow
Communication & Relationship Management:
Ability to listen,adapt, persuade, and transform
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Contract Duration: 1 year