- Develop annual and quarter work plans on the outputs in NC/BR related to the Adaptation, vulnerability, policy and measures;
- Compilation of the drafts and final texts of the NC/BR and other documents;
- Climate change adaptation related expert support for UNDP projects;
- Coordination of related works of national IC experts;
- Development of analytical and research materials for the aims of developments of NC and BR;
- Providing advice to national partners on climate change adaptation strategies and policies;
- Interaction and coordination with other projects and stakeholders on technical issues;
- Coordination of activities by project components in coordination with the project manager;
- Providing technical support for the project team, national / international consultants and experts;
- Analysis and promotion of regulatory documents and other activities within the project work plan;
- Preparation and adjustment of the current work plan and schedule of work with partners in consultation with the project manager;
- Contribute to development of Terms of references for national and international consultants;
- Assistance to the manager and project assistant in hiring short-term experts with relevant competence within the framework of the task, is responsible for the implementation of high-quality work plan activities and ensuring the quality / quality control of the information / reports provided by experts;
- Supporting of project staff in development strategic documents on adaptation and vulnerability;
- Supporting of project staff in development of methodological tools on adaptation and vulnerability;
- Providing advice to project participants on key procedures, barriers, opportunities and partnerships;
- Development own and evaluation of expert’s technical reports of the project in the area of mitigation;
- Development of quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and other forms of reporting on areas;
- Assistance in the preparation of relevant methodological, thematic and informational materials within the framework of the project objectives;
- Timely and high-quality implementation of project tasks in accordance with the work plan, project document and instructions of the project manager;
- Participation in the preparation, organization and implementation of project activities;
- Assist in collecting, analyzing and disseminating information about related grants, initiatives of the Green Climate Fund, the Global Environment Facility, Adaptation fund etc;
- Perform other tasks at the request of the project manager aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of the project, as well as requests from the UNDP head office.
- Demonstrates commitment to the UN values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, racial and ethnic sensitivity and adaptability;
- Protection of all employees from all types of favoritism.
- Research and analytical skills;
- Results-Based Approach;
- Strong communication skills;
- Client orientation;
- Quality Assurance;
- Self-Management and emotional intelligence;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with minimum or no supervision as well as part of a team;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- High level of creativity and excellent writing skills;
- Ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Solid knowledge of administrative and secretarial work; understanding of financial processes and accounting;
- Good communication skills, including the ability to convey complex concepts and recommendations, both orally and in writing, in a clear and persuasive style tailored to match different audiences;
- Good knowledge of computer and organizational technology;
- Ability to perform a broad range of activities related to workshop and meeting arrangements;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills for preparation of presentations and reports – in English and Russian;
- Conceptual clarity on mainstreaming in general, and gender mainstreaming in particular;
- Ability to use information and communication technology as a tool and resource.
- Ability to synthesize the lessons learnt and choose the best practices;
- Shares knowledge and experience and contributes to the achievement of the project development objectives;
- Promotes knowledge management in UNDP and a learning environment across projects and countries; through active participation and contribution to UNDP social and knowledge networks;
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environments, Hydrometeorology, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration or other relevant areas.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant environmental experience at the national or international level;
- Experience in development/revising of national reporting documents;
- Experience in development of analytical documents regarding climate change/Environment;
- Experience in direct or indirect contribution to the mitigation/adaptation projects;
- Ability to work in an environment requiring liaison and collaboration with multiple actors including government representatives, donors and other stakeholders;
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent computer skills (especially Microsoft office applications) and ability to use information technology as a tool and resource.
- Fluency in English and Russian;
- Knowledge of Kazakh is preferred.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possible renewal)