UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. Placing women’s rights at the center of all its efforts, UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In this context, UN Women Ethiopia Country Office (ECO) is seeking to hire a Programme/Operation Assistant to support the Operations team. While the position is based in Addis Ababa, the role encompasses travel requirements within the different regions of Ethiopia in support to various Implementing partners.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Operations Manager and working closely with operation team members, the Programme/Operation Assistant provides financial, procurement and administrative process services in the Ethiopia Country Office, ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and approved allocations. The Programme/Operation Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations, standard practices and guidelines.
The Programme/Operation Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations and programme staff in the ECO to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
· Provide support to management of ongoing programmes in the unit
· Support to administrative and logistical services
· Support to office maintenance and assets management
· Support Finance and Procurement
· Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
· Any other task assigned by the Supervisor
1. Provide support to management of ongoing programs focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Support programme team in coordinating with IPs especially on reporting and support Logistics etc.
· Assist in minutes taking for program/operation meetings
· Provide operational inputs for the programme annual report.
2. Ensures effective Finance, procurement, administrative and logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Maintenance of records/ documents/ files relating to the programmes/operations in a user-friendly manner and using ATLAS;
· Responsible for assigned correspondence and other admin tasks including creating E-requisitions;
· Assist in checking supporting documents for payments and financial reports;
· Check FACE forms delivered by implementing partners for completion before submitting to the Finance Assistant for verification;
· Coordinate the receipt of goods and services
· Follow up partners with advance to be liquidated on time
· Assist procurement Associate in petty cash request process and follow up with UNDP
· Prepare of routine correspondence, faxes, memorandum and reports to partners;
· Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources as required;
· Maintain a proper filing system for financial records;
· Assist in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
· Assisting in organizing, executing and coordinating logistical requirements by drawing up an event time-line, programme schedule and checklist fir successful holding of events.
3. Ensures effective administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Receiving different Memo’s from units and forward to relevant focal person
· Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
· Ensure all requests are in line with checklist and advise requester accordingly
· Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services;
· Alternate focal person for arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
· Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
· Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
· Follow up on deadlines, follow-up actions and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
4. Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
· Act as a backup to the Asset Focal point in the maintenance of records on assets management;
· Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
5. Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Participation in the training for the operations/programme staff;
Building Strategic Partnerships
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
· Fluency in English and Amharic
UNWOMEN is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Contract Duration: One Year
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now