UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office, the Programme Support Officer provides support and facilitates project implementation and execution of services within the projects executed/ implemented by UN WOMEN Project Office in Pristina.
The Programme Support Officer will work also in close collaboration with the programme and operations team and is responsible for the execution of a wide range of programme, programme finance and operations support services including financial services and administrative processes in the Project Office ensuring timeliness, efficiency and transparent use of financial resources and delivery of services in accordance with organizational financial rules, regulations, policies, procedures and approved allocations.
The Programme Support Officer will promote a client-oriented approach consistent with UN Women rules and regulations, standard practices and guidelines.
The Programme Officer will support the work of the Head of Office and work in close collaboration with the Operations Team in the Regional Office as well as with the Programme teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Office for Kosovo, the Programme Support Officer will be responsible for the following key functions for Kosovo:
Provides support for project implementation, strategic and coordination partnerships of UN Women
- Provides support, as assigned, for the implementation of the Annual Workplan;
- Provides support to the Head of Office in identifying risks and opportunities related to specific partnerships, and suggests mitigation measures as relevant;
- Prepares inputs on due diligence processes of potential investment and partnership opportunities, in accordance with UN regulations and procedures;
- Provides support to UN Women to develop and implement locally-tailored partnerships and resource mobilization strategies and initiatives including engagements with private sector;
- Contributes to dialogues with partners to improve development assistance policies and practice;
- Assists in liaison and coordination with UN entities at country, regional and HQ levels, including institutions and local and central level and civil society to help package and define UN business strategies, including differentiated value propositions to attract partners, both traditional and non-traditional.
Provided effective support in project budget planning, expenditure tracking and auditing of financial resources in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
- Provision of information/Direct support for formulation of project work plans and budgets.
- Coordination the submission and clearing of the budget proposals and financial reports of implementing partners
- Provide technical support to the management of office and programme financial resources; Exercise proper financial controls in line with UN Women rules and regulations
- Review and verify financial transactions/activities/documentation for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness and ensure full compliance of financial services and transactions with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and recording and reporting systems.
- Monitor proper follow up of advances to implementing partners, review their financial reports together with project managers and together be fully satisfied before making next installment;
- Certify transactions for accuracy and propriety prior to submission to the supervisor for approval and/or action; ·
- Verify accuracy of Combined/Programme Delivery Reports and Financial Reports as applicable. Take appropriate action to ensure accuracy of information;
- Help implement control mechanism for development projects through monitoring budgets preparation and modifications and budgetary status.
- Track and report on program and operational financial resources;
- Prepare accurate and timely mandated financial reports to donors and other clients and stakeholders;
- Review accounts receivables for UN Women projects and follow-up with project managers and finance section of RO
- Analyze/interpret UN Women financial rules and regulations, as well as established policies and procedures, and provide advice and recommend solutions to a wide range of financial issues;
Supports establishment of partnerships with other UN Agencies at the field level focusing on achievement of the following results:
- With active participation at the Country Operations Management Team, overseeing effective provision of services to counterparts including fair and transparent procurement, efficient logistics and sound financial management as well as the consistent application of UN WOMEN rules and regulations.
Contribute technically to the operations in accordance with UN Women rules and regulations and policies and strategies
- Participate in review meetings and provide technical support to the assessment of the managerial and operational capacities of implementing partners in collaboration with the programme and technical team;
- Contribute to the inputs of implement business process mapping and the establishment of internal standard operating procedures in all areas of the Operations Team’s functions;
- Contribute to the Implementation corporate, budget, financial, procurement, and HR policies and systems and identify training for staff and project personnel on these issues;
- Ensure a continuous flow of information between the Project Office and Regional Office/HQ;
- Contribute to the implementation of operations activities, including finance, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures;
Participate in inter-agency activities
- Participate in inter-agency meetings and working groups to ensure UN Women’s interests are reflected in common system activities related to common services and premises, cost recovery and cost sharing arrangements, privileges and immunities, entitlements and salary surveys, security etc;
- Liaise with UNDP and other UN agencies on operational issues, activities, and collaboration.
Contribute to knowledge sharing between the Office and RO
- Ensure knowledge is shared and adequately applied between the PP and RO in the region.
- Demonstrates commitment to UN/UN Women ’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Knowledge Management and Continuous Learning.
- Client Orientation.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported.
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems.
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work.
- Good knowledge of financial rules and regulations and Results Based Management.
- Ability to provide input to business processes.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
Please visit this link for more information on UN Women’s Core Values and Competencies - https://www.unwomen.org/-/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/about%20us/employment/un-women-values-and-competencies-framework-en.pdf?la=en&vs=637
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Masters in field in business administration, financial management or or related area.
- A First-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Min one years of progressively relevant working experience in in providing support to partnerships, project/programme support, financial management, in the context of development cooperation or related area is required.
- Experience in finance, programme finance and operations
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Working experience within the UN system or other international organizations will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Albanian, and English. Knowledge of Serbian language is considered an asset.
All interested candidates must complete a PERSONAL HISTORY FORM (P-11). Failure to disclose prior employment or making false representations on this form will be grounds for withdrawal of further consideration of his/her application or termination, where the appointment or contract has been issued.
P11 including past experience in similar assignments; can be downloaded at: http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employment
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation. You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume. Instead of uploading your Resume, please submit a fully completed and signed Personal History Form (P-11).
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (P11, academic qualifications/diploma) should be included as one attachment.