World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Programme Manager - Strategic Initiatives, you will provide programme and project management capability, as a member of the Private Funding leadership teams, to lead and support delivery of relevant WV Partnership Strategic Initiatives within the Global Resource Development (GRD) function. As such, you will work with and you are a key contributor to the Strategy Realization Office (SRO). You will provide leadership and support in the development of all program management and innovation co-investment project deliverables, from project initiation through close out, to support projects through the innovation lifecycle, from ideation through to successful launch and global scale out. This will include but not limited to project briefs, charters, business cases, plans, progress reporting, dependency, risk and issue management and escalation, budgeting and financial management, communications planning, procurement planning, all project monitoring processes and project close out.
- Master’s degree in project management, business administration, management science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven to succeed in a fast-paced working environment.
- 6 - 8 years’ experience leading Global Programme and/or Project Management across multiple countries/project sites, and diverse range of project types (technology and business).
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and ability to present well to a variety of audiences.
- A minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in project and operational leadership roles, including those directing and motivating complex physical and virtual project teams.
- Excellent effective written and verbal communication skills in English for all organization level audiences.