Job location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 6th of september 2019
Duration position: 2 years
Workhours: Fulltime (40 hours)
ZOA is an international NGO, which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities, we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. From there ZOA operates in seventeen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager in Afghanistan
ZOA’s Programme in Afghanistan
ZOA has been working in Afghanistan since 2000. The situation in Afghanistan is constantly changing. Ongoing insecurity limits access to some of the project locations and makes it difficult to anticipate the needs. In 2018, thousands of people became displaced due to fighting and natural disasters. With the more than 600,000 people that returned from neighboring countries during the last two years these numbers put pressure on the hospitality of the host population and the capacity of basic services. ZOA is currently implements humanitarian and recovery activities in Kabul, Nangarhar, Zabul, Uruzgan, Sar-e-Pul and Jawzjan provinces.
ZOA supports communities with construction and rehabilitation of water systems. We built new classrooms for schools, combined with latrines and water wells. In two urban areas, we have been supporting some 150 Self Help Groups for women. In 2018, Afghanistan suffered from a severe drought. ZOA assisted affected families with cash-for-food distribution. At the same time, we are training farmers in techniques to increase the wheat production.
The Programme Manager (PGM) is responsible for the development and realisation of project and programmatic goals for the programme in Afghanistan within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions in Afghanistan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme areas;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility;
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners.
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme areas, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Development of donor proposals
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting – monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme areas;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- Ensures the design and maintenance of an effective security management system at programme level, in compliance with ZOA’s over-all security policy and procedures.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Experience in a conflict context;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Management experience;
- Command of operations;
- Analytical & writing skills.
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- Duty station will be Kabul with frequent travel to the project locations;
- This is not a family or accompanied post;
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post.
ZOA offers you a challenging job, and a motivated team in de programme country, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Heline Bisschop, HR Officer, email email@example.com.