Danish Red Cross seeks Programme Delegate for Myanmar
Danish Red Cross (DRC) is seeking an experienced and independent Programme Delegate to support Myanmar Red Cross (MRCS) in implementing a Humanitarian (mainly cash/livelihood) and strengthening humanitarian operational capacities of MRCS branches in Kachin State, Myanmar.
The Programme Delegate will base the programme on sound and ongoing assessment and analysis of the affected population needs, vulnerabilities and capacities with the aim of supporting resilience of the internally displaced persons and host communities in Kachin State affected by ongoing armed conflict. The Programme Delegate will be recruited by DRC and work closely with MRCS and the International Red Cross Committee (ICRC).
The Programme delegate will provide technical support to MRCS, especially on livelihood in an early recovery context, including the use of cash to capacity build program staff and volunteers, as well as contribute to community assessments, branch development plans, and branch preparedness and response plans. The Programme Delegate will also develop new humanitarian proposals and concept notes.
The Programme Delegate will work in close coordination with the DRC Country Manager (CM) to provide technical and managerial support to MRCS in planning, implementation, budgeting and monitoring of the program, in accordance with program documents and provisions outlined by donors. The Programme Delegate will monitor progress and quality of activities by undertaking regular field visits with MRCS to project sites and provide structured feedback. In addition, o support to the DRC CM in the strategic development of the Country programme, new project design and communication materials, among other tasks and according to Country Office’s needs.
Experience and qualification
The candidate should have a University degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Economics, or equivalent. The ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of five years working experience in implementing humanitarian interventions, especially livelihoods and/or cash transfer programmes.
- Proven experience in assessing livelihoods and food/economic security in an emergency and/or development context.
- Solid experience with project cycle management as project manager.
- International experience from working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country
- Experience working through local partner organisations (experience working for Red Cross/Red Crescent is an asset).
- Experience in transferring knowledge and skills through formal and informal training/capacity building of staff of partner organisations and communities.
- Good planning/analytical skills, excellent communication and coordination skills. Furthermore, cultural sensitivity and ability to cope with the challenges of working in a fragile security setting.
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills are required as well as full proficiency in computers and a valid international driving license.
The length of contract is initially for one (1) year with possibility of extension. The main duty station will be Myitkyina (Kachin state), Myanmar with extensive travel to Yangon and programme areas, up to 40% of the contract period. This is an unaccompanied positon (non-family duty station). Accommodation will be provided in the ICRC shared housing. You will report to DRC Country Manager (based in Yangon) on project matters and to ICRC Head of sub-delegation in Kachin State on admin and security matters. The salary including all allowances and pension included will be between DKK 41.500 and 43.800 depending on qualifications and experience.
Deadline for application is 30 May 2019.
Further information is available in the job description and in the Terms & Conditions. Questions regarding the position can be addressed to Andreas Fabricius at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply Kindly submit your motivation letter and CV at Danish Red Cross' recruitment system by using the apply button.