- Providing administrative support to the Joint Programme Coordinator of the Spotlight Initiative as needed, including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, minute taking, drafting reports, etc.
- Providing logistical and administrative support to the Joint Programme Team, including meetings and teleconference preparations; making travel arrangements for the Joint Programme Coordinator and for participants of events, such as consultations, field visits, events, trainings, workshops, etc.;
- Providing information and assist in preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers;
- Preparing first drafts of responses to inquiries received for action by supervising officer or other team members; preparing statements, talking points and basic presentations, including computer generated visuals such as graphs, PowerPoint presentations, etc.;
- Administrative support to the four RUNOs as needed.
- Compiles and monitors reports requested by the Multi-Partner Trust Fund, Spotlight Secretariat and EU as needed, including financial reports if relevant;
- Liaises with Finance Associates in the four RUNOs on a regular basis ensuring that allocations, budgets and expenditure records are up to date and on track, reporting back to the Joint Programme Coordinator should any issues arise.
- Completion of secondary education plus Certification in administration or office management or related field
- A bachelor’s degree in administration/office management /related field would be an advantage.
- 5 years of relevant experience in administration and/or programme support services;
- Experience working with an international organization is an asset;
- Experience supporting large donor funded programme (EU, DFID) is an asset.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chichewa required;
- Experience using computers and office software packages (ERP, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) essential;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is highly desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year , Renewable