- Provides effective programme support to the management of the Local Development Finance (LDF)
- Administration and implementation of programme strategies, adapts processes and procedures
- Administrative support to the LDF Management & Programme Colleagues
- Support in creation & management of strategic partnerships & knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for formulation of LDF programme, preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, budgets, proposals on implementation arrangements.
- Initiation of a project, entering project into Atlas ( in small offices), preparation of required budget revisions.
- Provision of guidance to the field programme colleagues on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Analysis of the situation in programme, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Assist in preparation and conduct of audit of LDF projects, implementation of audit recommendations.
- Provide programme and finance support and ensure full compliance of LDF programme operations with the UNCDF operational framework in line with the UN/UNDP rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist the LDF Deputy Director to resolve questions related to budgets and payments.
- Responsible for creation of requisitions in Atlas, approval and budget check process for requisitions
- Follow up and review invoice from vendors and grant recipients according to the contracts, ensuring compliance.
- Create receipt, compile all supporting documents, and submit payment requests to the finance unit
- Responsible for timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Provide timely response to field programme colleagues’ requests to resolve financial data issues
- Review and manage supporting documents for all programme related transactions in Atlas/ERP, SharePoint etc for compliance and uditing purposes.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for payments, review of LDF projects Financial Reports.
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas.
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget ceck errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Assist in preparation and submission of quarterly travel plan, prepare adhoc travel request and exception requests; prepare flight reservation, visa application, security clearance, conference registration for LDF management & staff.
- Provide guidance on all travel related matters, in consultation with MSU Travel colleagues and assist with preparation of travel request for staff and consultants.
- Prepare expense report and file all supporting documents; follow up reconciliation of travel and expense report.
- Assist in various LDF events in terms of event logistical support; liaise with programme analyst on event logistics and preparation.
- • Complete procurement and finalize the agreement with vendors and follow up invoice.
- Manage communication with the guests; monitor an track event budget/expenditures and responsible for any adhoc requests.
- Analysis of information on donors, preparation of donor’s profile and database, establishment of contacts with donor counterparts.
- Track and reporting on mobilized resources.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in programme.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work;
- Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow;
- People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction;
- Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform;
- Delivery: Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement.
Technical/ Functional Competencies:
Subject Matter Expertise:
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts related to digital innovation and regulation of financial inclusion
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
- Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
- Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, Inter-Agency Coordination and forge productive working relationships.
- Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs.
Results Based Programming:
- Assesses project performance to identify success factors and incorporates best practices into project work.
- Secondary Education, preferably with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance;
- University Degree in Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political or Social Sciences or related fields would be highly desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum six (6) years of progressively responsible administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level.
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, wll require a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Specialized training in office management and administration is highly desirable.
- Experience with a UN organization/ agency is desirable.
- Experience with ERP system ATLAS and UNDP Procurement Processes, Porgrammes & Policies etc is highly desired, but not a requirement.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English required
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension