Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Head of State Office (Madhya Pradesh), the Project Associate will support the state office in the overall management of State office and the projects implemented at the state level by providing administrative services, administers and executes processes and transactions ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Project Associate will also be required to support UNDP’s intervention in roll-out of SDGs at the state level. The Project associate is expected to support the state head in identifying opportunities, develop programmes and their implementation strategies to promote national and state priorities, including the SDGs.
He/She will also work in close collaboration with the SDG officer, Operations, Programme and Project staff in the CO to exchange information and ensure accurate and consistent service delivery.
Summary of Key Functions:
1. Implementation of operational strategies
2. Efficient administrative support
3. Support to supply and assets management
4. Accounting and administrative support
5. State Office cash management if required
6. Implementation of HR policies
7. Administration of budgets and functioning of the optimal cost-recovery system
8. Implementation of procurement process
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Support to Roll out of SDGs
1.Support to UNDP programmatic work
- Identifying entry points in consultation with the State governments for SDG localization
- Designing strategies for implementation of SDGs in the states aligned with projects that UNDP can support;
- Identifying opportunities for high value addition/high impact projects, testing of innovative development solutions, and scaling up successful initiatives at various levels State, district or community;
- Undertaking research, writing concepts notes, technical proposals, reports and any other technical document to support the expansion of the UNDP engagement with the State Government in various sectors.
- Technical support on integrating SDGs into Aspirational Districts by preparing Action Plans and proposals followed by implementation.
2.Support to research, analytics and capacity development. Strengthening the capacities for planning and implementation at state and district level, to deliver on key development priorities and objectives;
- Preparing background analysis on SDGs and related issues for partner consultations and high-level meetings with government counterparts, donor community, etc.
- Developing knowledge products for increasing understanding on SDGs at all levels
- Develop and implement customized training manuals and tools for localizing SDGs
- Analysis of SDG-related information and best practices, with emphasis on gender, people with disabilities, the youth and other vulnerable groups
- Identification of data gaps impeding sound and timely data analysis for policy, planning and monitoring and evaluation
- Conduct policy research for identifying areas which need further input for achieving the SDGs by 2030
3. Support for Stakeholder Engagement
- Engaging other stakeholders, including other UN agencies for disseminating information and creating SDG centric platforms in collaboration with the government
- Promoting synergies between various specialized agencies, think tanks and other knowledge hubs for strengthening linkages with UNDP
- Engaging grassroots level functionaries into preparing SDG centric participatory planning exercise
B. Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
1. Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to the state office administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs) in procurement and logistics in consultation with supervisor.
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Coordination of travel arrangements, including purchase of tickets, DSA calculations, PO preparation, arrangement of shipment/courier
- Support procurement processes including preparation of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs documents, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals
- Organization of workshops, conferences, retreats/ hotel and conference facilities service
- Support with protocol matters, coordination with local authority on space and other administrative matters.
- Provision of required information for audit.
- Management of cash receipts and petty cash as required.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for finance, HR and procurement records and documents.
- Training of staff on administrative procedures
- Briefing/debriefing of staff members on issues relating to area of work
- Timely preparation of cost-recovery bills in ERP (Atlas) for the services provided by UNDP at state level as required
- Preparation and input project budget in ERP (ATLAS) for approval (can be done only on the basis of signed project documents and project budgets).
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system for voucher processing, posting and recording are matched and completed.
- Timely closure of accounts
- Timely corrective actions on unposted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers.
- Timely response to CO requests to resolve financial data issues.
- Implementation of HR processes in State Office as applicable including support to contract management
2. Provides support to proper supply and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Coordination of assets management in the state office, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports.
- Coordination of the provision of reliable and quality office supplies
- Implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports for donor including for DSS funded projects as required.
Recording receipt of goods in ERP (ATLAS) towards the delivery of the goods/services
C. Any other work assigned by the supervisor.
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development Studies, Public Administration or Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience of working with the government at national level or sub-national level in the area of inter-sectoral planning.
- Experience in research and policy-level analysis, including in formulation, monitoring and evaluation of strategies and development programmes/projects.
- Exposure to state Planning Processes and annual budgeting exercise of the government.
- Experience in coordination with stakeholders
- Adequate experience of drafting Project Proposals including monitoring tools such as log frame among other
- Experience in Project planning and implementation
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Working experience with the Government of MADHYA PRADESH
- Sound knowledge of UNDP rules and regulations, policies, procedures and practices.
- Fluency in English and Hindi is essential.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable)