Effective day-to-day substantive, administrative and financial support to the national SGP team and the National Steering Committee (NSC) to ensure the smooth operation and management of the GEF-SGP (Global Environment Facility – Small Grants Programme) programme portfolio, timely and efficient response to queries from different grantees and stakeholders, closely monitoring the achievement of the national annual SGP delivery and co-financing targets, and updating of relevant databases.
Support to Programme implementation
- Contribute to day-to-day support to programme/project implementation and ensuring conformity to expected results, outputs, objectives and work-plans;
- Assist the National Coordinator (NC) in prescreening project concepts and project proposals, and evaluate the financial part of the project proposals;
- Assist the NC in development and amendment of application forms and other management tools, requirements of the programme and other SGP documents;
- Advise potential grantees on technical project preparation issues, and report to NC and NSC on project development activities, as required;
- Provide day-to-day support to new and already approved projects and the grantees, as required;
- Assist the NC in project implementation and monitoring, including participation in field visits;
- Organize SGP advocacy events, workshops, round-tables, missions for NC and other SGP events;
- Maintain working-level contacts with NGOs, governmental institutions, donors, other SGP stakeholders, and participate at events for SGP information dissemination purposes;
- Draft progress reports and other reporting material to the CPMT, UNOPS and UNDP CO, and assist NC in preparation of semi-annual and bi-annual progress reports;
- Draft articles, publications, speeches, letters, memos and other documents on behalf of NC, and respond to queries on SGP programme matter;
- Create and maintain SGP project database and SGP stakeholders database;
- Maintain and update the SGP website, SGP Global database and UNDP CO website with SGP information;
- Support and assist NC as and when needed.
- Review and process payment requests from grantees and vendors through obtaining necessary clearances and authorizations and ensuring payments are effected promptly;
- Maintain financial integrity of the programme within UNDP CO and externally, implement and monitor accounting system and databases of SGP country operational budget;
- Prepare and maintain the grant disbursement table and calendar;
- Review financial reports submitted by grantees and advise the NC as required;
- Draft administrative budget proposals;
- Enter, extract, transfer data from ATLAS and SGP database and produce reports as required;
- Provide other financial reports as required.
- Procure office equipment and furniture (including communication and audio equipment, supplies etc.);
- Manage and organize everyday office work;
- Establish a proper filing system and maintain files and documentation in good order;
- Draft routine correspondence and communications;
- Prepare background information and documentation, update data relevant to the programme areas and compile background material for the NC and NSC;
- Ensure flow of information and dissemination of materials with all concerned;
- Follow up of travel arrangements and DSA payments for the NC and NSC members;
- Maintain personnel files, performance evaluation reports, leave records, and other pertinent personnel/consultant records;
- Ensure all reporting and/or submission deadlines from HQs are met;
- Provide logistical and other support to the local SGP team and visiting missions, as required.
- Actively support the SGP and the NSC teams in their efforts towards knowledge management and knowledge networking.
Good communications and interpersonal skills essential;
Excellent drafting and analytical skills required;
Good knowledge of budget control and financial management.
Fluency in the official national language(s) and English. Any other language is an
Excellent knowledge of MS Office, database and Internet use.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One Year renewable on an annual basis