|Deadline for Applications:|
|Organizational Unit:||Secretariat of the Trust Fund for Victims|
|Duty Station:||The Hague - NL|
|Type of Appointment:||Established Post|
|Minimum Net Annual Salary:||€38,041.00|
|Contract Duration:||For initial appointments, the Court offers a two-year appointment with the possibility of extension (six month probationary period).|
<span style="mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;">Due to the intermittent availability of eRecruitment, before the closing date of 30 November 2018, the deadline to apply for the following job posting has been extended to Friday 7 December 2018 at midnight (The Netherlands time)
A roster of suitable candidates may be established for this post as a result of this selection process for fixed-term appointments against both established posts and positions funded by general temporary assistance (GTA).
Recruitment for this post in the General Service category is done on a local basis. As a result, staff are generally recruited from the area in which the particular office is located but could be of any nationality. Candidates applying to a post in the General Services category shall meet the relevant employment and immigration requirements in the country of the duty station, including fulfilling residence and work permit conditions.
Applicants will be responsible for any expenses incurred in relation to: visa, travel to and from, and relocation to and from the duty station, in the event of an employment offer.
A staff member in the General Service category who has been locally recruited shall not be eligible for the entitlements and/or benefits exclusively applicable to internationally recruited staff.
The Trust Fund for Victims (TFV) was created by the Rome Statute (Art 79) as an independent non- judicial institution next to the ICC. It is governed by a Board of Directors, elected every three years by the Assembly of States Parties. The Board is supported by a Secretariat, ensuring daily management of the TFV’s activities.
The TFV has been entrusted by the Assembly with two main mandates: (i) to implement Court- ordered reparations to victims in a convicted case; and (ii) to provide assistance to victims and their families in ICC situation countries with physical and psychological rehabilitation and material support.
The mission of the TFV is to respond to the harm resulting from the crimes under the jurisdiction of the Court by ensuring the rights of victims and their families through the provision of reparations and assistance.
The strategic goals of the TFV aim to:
The functioning costs of the TFV Board and Secretariat are covered in the Court’s regular budget under Major Programme VI. The mandate-related programmes of the TFV are funded by voluntary contributions or donations, with the possibility of receiving and managing resources resulting from fines and forfeitures, as ordered by the Court against a convicted person, for the purpose of reparations rewards.
Whenever appropriate and feasible in the operation of its mandates, the TFV acts as a grant- making mechanism to locally based implementing partners. According to the TFV Regulations, the TFV receives administrative support from the Registry. In as far as not determined by the TFV Regulations, the TFV’s financial-administrative practice complies with the Court’s relevant regulatory provisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The TFV Programme Assistant is to provide programme and general administrative support to the functioning of the TFV Secretariat, as a member of the HQ based administrative team. The Programme Assistant works under the direct supervision of the Associate Programme Officer and overall management of the Executive Director. The incumbent performs the following tasks:
Diploma of secondary education.
A minimum of six years of relevant work experience in financial administration of programmes and projects, including procurement and contract management or other related area is required. An advanced or a first-level university degree may be considered as a substitute for two years’ working experience only to determine eligibility.
Experience in programme support and financial/narrative performance reporting, as well as experience in SAP modules, including grants management would be considered a strong asset.
Previous experience in project administration and implementation in an international organisation, UN organisation or international NGO is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Languages:
Proficiency in one of the working languages of the Court, French or English, is required. Knowledge of the other is desirable. Knowledge of another official language of the Court (Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) would be considered an asset.
ICC Core Competencies
Dedication to the mission and values
- Acts consistently in accordance with the mission and values of the Organisation;
- Maintains confidentiality, acts with integrity and shows respect for diversity;
- Shows commitment to the organisation;
- Presents a positive image of the organisation during external discussions.
- Applies professional and technical expertise;
- Keeps abreast of organisational issues;
- Produces workable solutions to a range of problems.
- Listens, consults and communicates proactively;
- Handles disagreements with tact and diplomacy;
- Recognises and rewards the contribution of others.
Learning and developing
- Identifies development strategies needed to achieve work and career goals and makes use of developmental or training opportunities;
- Learns from successes and failures;
- Seeks feedback and gives feedback to others to increase organisational effectiveness;
- Seeks opportunities for improvement of work;
- Has an open mind and contributes to innovation.
Handling uncertain situations
- Adapts to changing circumstances;
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents;
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances;
- Manages time effectively.
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly;
- Handles contacts with diplomacy and tact;
- Communicates in a transparent and open way with internal and external contacts while complying with confidentiality requirements.
- Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm;
- Keeps to agreements with others;
- Focuses on client needs;
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people;
- Monitors and maintains quality and productivity.
- The selected candidate will be subject to a Personnel Security Clearance (PSC) process in accordance with ICC policy. The PSC process will include but will not be limited to, verification of the information provided in the personal history form and a criminal record check. All candidates should be in a position to submit an electronic copy of their passport and all diplomas listed on their profile when requested;
- Applicants may check the status of vacancies on ICC E-Recruitment web-site;
- Post to be filled preferably by a national of a State Party to the ICC Statute, or of a State which has signed and is engaged in the ratification process or which is engaged in the accession process, but nationals from non-state parties may also be considered;
- In accordance with the Rome Statute, the ICC aims to achieve fair representation of women and men for all positions;
- Applications from female candidates are particularly encouraged;
- Personnel recruited at the General Service level are not entitled to all of the benefits granted to internationally-recruited staff;
- The Court reserves the right not to make any appointment to the vacancy, to make an appointment at a lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description.
- The ICC is willing to apply the “Inter-Organisation Mobility Accord” on a reciprocal basis.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now