Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Programme Specialist Environment & Climate Change, the Programme Analyst is responsible for management of projects under the UNDP Environment and Climate Change portfolio. The Programme Analyst analyzes project implementation progress, monitors and evaluates project activities and participates in donor platforms for monitoring and reporting.
S/he works in close collaboration with the UNDP operations teams in ensuring successful project implementation and coordination.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of project strategies
- Supervision of Project Staff
- Dissemination of project resulults
1. Ensure Implementation of project strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social and economic situation in the project areas and preparation of substantive inputs to analysis of Project documents and other relevant policy related documents.
- Identification of areas for support and interventions within the projects and foster synergies.
- Support implementation of corporate strategic initiatives such as HACT and other reporting obligations to project Implementation partners.
2.Ensures effective management of project within the Energy, Environment and Climate Change thematic area focusing on quality control to achieve the following results:
- Effective application of CO project monitoring tools, achievement of project targets and monitoring achievements of outputs and outcomes.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Participation in audit of projects and following up on audit recommendations and ensure that all exceptions are timely reported.
- Aggregate project reports and coordinate development of monthly Progress and monthly Procurement Plans Progress Reports are regularly prepared on activities, outputs and outcomes.
- Supervise and evaluate project staff performance.
3. Contribute to the management of the Energy, Environment and Climate Change Portfolio focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Supervision and evaluation of performance of Project Staff.
- Carry out Project Implementation Reports.
- Review Terms of references for projects activities.
- Guide the formulation of new projects.
- Facilitate scaling up of project interventions.
- Develop sustainability strategies for project interventions.
- Facilitate and Coordinate the schedule of Project Boards.
- Make presentations at Project board meetings as may be required.
- Participate in the Country Office procurement processes.
- Participate in the Country Office recruitment processes.
Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
Analysis and creation of messages and strategies
- Creates effective advocacy strategies
Results-Based Programme Development and Management
Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information for linkages across project activities to help identify synergies.
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects
- Participates in the formulation of project proposals
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Developing tools and mechanisms
- Makes the case for innovative ideas documenting successes and building them into the design of new approaches
- Identifies new approaches and strategies that promote the use of tools and mechanisms for project implementation
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
In-depth knowledge of the subject-matter
- Understands more advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines
- Keeps abreast of new developments in area of professional discipline and job knowledge and seeks to develop him/herself professionally
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Promoting ethics and integrity, creating organizational precedents
- Building staff competence, creating an environment of creativity and innovation
- Building and promoting effective teams
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication
- Sharing knowledge across the organization and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
Master’s Degree Natural Resources Planning/Management, Environmental Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Health or any related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience in providing management and project implementation advisory services in Environmental management related areas. experience in monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and should also be culturally and politically sensitive in the work with counterparts.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages such as (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and web based management systems is essential
Fluency in the English and national language of the duty station
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.The selection process will be fair and transparent.
Contract Duration: 1 Year