DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Program Manager is responsible day to day Managing, guiding and coordination of DRC programs in the Area office, including the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of the projects in under the area office. The PM also responsible for program specific representation of DRC program specific interests in the area and building and maintaining DRC’s area projects reputation through ensuring quality delivery of programs and accountability to our beneficiaries, partners, and other stakeholders.
Responsible for all programmatic activities in the DRC the area office.
To assess current and forthcoming program needs in the area of jurisdiction.
To facilitate good relations between DRC, partner agencies, technical government program specialists and the host/local communities.
Prepare and implement monthly, quarterly and annual work plans.
Coordinate the area project activities through regular meetings with project staff, and ensure weekly implementation plans and field staff movement plans.
Ensure all field program staffs are up to date on each project that is being implemented through the area office.
Manage program staff performance in DRC Puntland by monitoring and giving regular feedback on performance, and conducting staff appraisals in collaboration with technical Managers.
Ensure that DRC’s program policies as enshrined in the program Hand book and other program manuals are followed as per the program Hand book.
Strive to implement quality programming, and give equal focus to all projects being implemented through the area office.
Produce quality program monthly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reports.
Plan and prepare program need assessments as per the needs and requirements from the technical managers or Head of Program.
Participate proposal development based on guidance from PDQ technical unit.
Ensure that program activities reflect the needs of all members of the community and that equal participation is supported throughout the project cycle.
Ensure our beneficiaries are well informed about DRC feedback mechanism and are well explained on the Compliant Response Mechanism, the Humanitarian Accountability Framework and other relevant project related information.
Ensure that M&E project activities are planned and carried out in coordination with the MEAL teams, and that all information required by the M&E Technical Unit is provided in a timely manner.
· Actively participate quarterly and annual program portfolio review and analyses and ensure you lead all preparations for the meetings.
· Be responsible for collecting and compiling projects information for internal and donor reporting.
· Consult with NPM on program implementation plans, kick off meetings, problems regarding programmatic issues, planning issues, difficult encounters, non-compliance issues, capacity building needs and program needs
· Support the NPM in compiling and revising the country wide projects and providing the required inputs in time
· Provide Regular updates and challenges implementing as per project design to NPM and Technical managers
· Work closely with NPM on all program implementations and ensure program challenges are addressed
· Contributes to the development of tools for needs assessment
· Assist the NPM and Head of Program in Project site visits and monitoring in line with compliance, work plans, technical standards, new approaches and CHS standards
· Monitor, analyze and develop situation reports on the emergency situation to a variety of key actors (e.g. international aid community, UN HQ, government officials and donors).
· Support on reviewing and updating country contingency and Response planning. Build consensus and facilitate collaboration.
· Serve as a primary area emergency focal point on updating the CO EC, NPM and HOP on the latest developments in the crisis and in emergency response.
· Ensure a safe and efficient conduct of emergency programmes and activities.
Financial and Logistic Management**
· With the support of Area Manager Conduct monthly program budget monitoring meetings, developing and following up action plans from it
· Attend relevant coordination meetings and forums to support collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
· Engage and meeting with area based Donors
· Meet regularly with the various community groups (through field visits) to ensure they are aware of all the DRC activities, to ensure that project activities are meeting the needs of the community, and to collect feedback on DRC programming in the area.
· Other duties as directed by the line manager
· Strong proficiency in English and fluent in written and spoken English minimum level 4 fluency
· Fluent in spoken and written Somali
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Duty station: Bossaso with travels to other program locations in Puntland.
Reporting to: Area Manager
Duration: 10 months with possibility of extension
Contract: This position is graded as G2 (M-F) for qualified national staff and terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms of national staff.
THE POSITION IS OPEN TO NATIONALS ONLY
Commitments: DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now