CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a part time Program Manager for the upcoming USAID's Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), Office of Regional Sustainable Development (RSD) Environment Support Activity. USAID requires expert technical and logistical support services to strengthen the design, management, and evaluation of regional and bilateral environment, resilence, and energy programs in the LAC region.
Consulting services to be provided under this activity cover four key tasks:
* Program and activity design and implementation support
* Monitoring and evaluation of environment, resilience, and energy programs
* Design and development of skills-building workshops and support of workshop delivery
* Analysis and communication of environment and energy trends, data, and safeguard issues
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
* Provides overall program management and support to to fulfill the project’s technical goals and objectives.
* Maintains effective working relationships with USAID, Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean, Office of Regional Sustainable Development, and other US Government clients.
* Supports recruitment of project staff consistent with CAMRIS policies and position descriptions and USAID contract requirements.
* Supervises contract/grant invoicing and budget management alerting management to any issues.
* Develops/reviews work plans, prepares presentations, coordinates travel arrangements and monitors program activities.
* Works to ensure prompt resolution of implementation problems.
* Adheres to CAMRIS policies and procedures and applies them consistently throughout programs.
* Reviews, edits and comments on project scopes of work, and all technical deliverables.
* Maintains all project materials, files, emails, and other relevant documentation.
* Coordinates with other partners to effectively manage programs.
* Supports business development activities by , contributing to proposal development, capture planning, conceptualizing teaming, technical approaches, and cost strategies to maximize CAMRIS’ competitive advantage.
* Reports to the Program Director.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Master’s degree in related field.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of USAID rules and regulations for contracts, cooperative agreements and/or grants under contract.
* Must have a minimum of five years of directly applicable work experience including strong administrative experience to ensure smooth coordination and management of multiple tasks and consultants; knowledge of experts in LAC environmental and energy issues, including experts in biodiversity conservation, sustainable landscapes issues, environmental compliance, climate resilience or adaptation, and energy issues in developing countries.
* Have sufficient sector knowledge to assess the qualifications of prospective environment consultants; project management, document review, and editing skills; and diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
* Must be fluent in Spanish (speaking and reading), with working knowledge of Portuguese and/or French preferred.