The Program Development Specialist is a new position within Save the Children Cambodia to strengthen our program development. The post holder will be responsible for spearheading CO fundraising strategies and leading on proposal development for strategic funding opportunities.
The position will be responsible for designing winning grant proposals, ensuring they are strategically aligned to our Country Strategic Plan, are responsive to donors and are technically sound. Recognising the breadth of work of Save the Children in Cambodia, including child protection, education, livelhoods, health and nutrition and child rights governance, s/he will coordinate and lead work across departments, especially with technical leads, , to develop innovative proposals.
S/he will also be required to build and maintain positive working relationships with the different Members of Save the Children International who provide programme funding. The position will line manage the Proposal and Reporting Coordinator, who will support in ensuring timely submission of winning proposals.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
· Masters degree in development & humanitarian, human rights, English, journalism or other related field
· Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive work experience in programme development and project design, particularly in the fields of child protection, education, early childhood development, health and nutrition and/or governance.
· Substantial and proven experience of coordinating the development of/writing winning proposals with key institutional donors
· Highly developed interpersonal, presentation and communication skills to work effectively with other team members/departments, as well as influence, inform and negotiate with partners and donors
· Sound personal organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritisation of tasks, and working under pressure
· Must possess a strong work ethic, have confidence, take initiative and be a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player as well as individual contributor
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Excellent writing skills, in particular previous track record drafting concept notes and proposals
· Creative, flexible, learns quickly and is patient
· Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
· Experience with a recognized national or international organization would be an asset but is not mandatory.
· Familiarity with the Cambodian context and sensitivity to the needs and challenges of children.
· Innovation: Ability to easily adapt to changing technologies and constantly explore and learn new technologies, techniques, and protocols.
· MEAL experience, particularly with developing and measuring indicators
· Abilitity to communicate with local staff.
Contract length:** 1 year with possibility to extend based on funding availability
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.