SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SIF started humanitarian operations in Kenya in April 2012 and subsequently opened a field office in Somalia (Kismayo, Jubaland state) in August 2014.The operations in both of these two different countries have been since maintained under a central management umbrella called the Kenya & Somalia Mission, with the Coordination Office domiciled in Nairobi, Kenya.
In Kenya, the Mission had implemented seasonal projects mainly in Arid and Semi-Arid Land (ASAL) areas in Wajir and Tana River Counties through provision of life-saving food voucher assistance and sacrifice meat during demanding period like Ramadan and Aid al Adha and emergency response including the 2018 floods response in Tana River County.
Also, it implemented bee’s hives and poultry project in the Wajir, Tana River, and Garissa counties area as well as youth empowerment project (education) in the Nairobi slum area. As for Somalia, from the inception the Mission confined its operations to the Kismayo town area, a relatively secure zone in Jubaland state that hosts over 184 IDPs camps as of February 2019 and several two returnee camps.
SIF has realised several projects in Somalia such as the aforesaid seasonal projects, fishery, emergency responses (water supply, NFIs for shelter and hygiene promotion, etc) and integrated food security and livelihoods projects including unconditional cash grants, small-scale business development, vocational training, and livelihoods assets recovery.
As of 2019, the Mission envisages programmatic scale up in Somalia while maintaining its programmatic presence in north-eastern Kenyan.
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE is recruiting a Program Coordinator (M/F) based in Nairobi (with 30 to 60 % travels to Somalia)
Directly reporting to the Head of Mission, the Program Coordinator is in charge of the development, management / coordination / oversight of the programmatic portfolio of the Mission and coordinates provision of technical guidance to the program teams. In addition, the Program Coordinator is responsible for context monitoring, the conceptualization and development of new programs and the monitoring of program quality and budgets in liaison with the Head of Mission. More precisely your mission will be:
- To provide strategic leadership in programming approaches and methodologies in concert with the HoM
- To contribute to the elaboration of the mission’s operational strategy: context analysis and its evolution, elaboration of problem trees and proposed solutions, needs assessment analysis, proposal of new actions, budgeting and HR dimensioning.
- To provide technical support to Somalia programming staff
- To ensure the conception of the projects and supervise their implementation
- To provide program team with capacity building, support and guidance with respect to the Project Management cycle and provide them with the necessary tools and expertise.
- MEAL: Elaborate monitoring and evaluation tools, supervise satisfaction surveys and results, measure the realization of the projects, and propose adjustments for the projects. In so doing, institutionalize the use of mobile data collection process for all relevant assessments across the Mission;
- To define partnership modalities with the operational partners, be in charge of the partnerships, define and supervise the capacity building plans for the partners.
- To manage the program budgets:, regular monitoring of the expenditure states according to the allocated budgets and programmatic forecasts
- To represent SIF as part of the implementation of activities to operational partners and to the local and regional authorities.
You have a minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as Program Coordinator. You have an experience of monitoring and evaluation and an extensive experience of securing substantial external funding. Proficient understanding of the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for program management. You have and an extensive knowledge of institutional donors and experience of project planning and budget holding; proposal and report writing. You are familiar with project management tools (Logical Framework analysis, Gantt Charts, etc.) As a talented manager you have proven management skills and can manage people in the respect of intercultural differences. You have the ability to quickly understand and adapt to cultural and political environment and to work well with partners including local authorities.
You are very good in self control , and stress management and have experienced working within an insecure environment. Excellent knowledge of Somali context is required.