The Program Associate is the entry level position to program work atIFES. As a junior member of the team theProgram Associate will provide administrative andprogrammatic support for current and developing programs.
· Review and submit field project financereports such as field expense reports, wire transfers, vendor invoices etc. to supervisor for approval.
· Input financial data for pipelines,review data in financial system for accuracy, check accuracy of financialreports, review and reconciliation of credit cards.
· Review/prepare/submit material forprocurement including drafting RFP/RFQ, preparing selection packages, trackingexisting contracts etc.
· Support recruitment and mobilization offield staff and consultants for field assignments.
· Maintain project records and documents,including consultant contracts, project files etc.
· Conduct basic research and providesgeneral support in proposal development process.
· Assist with editing/writing quarterliesand other reports.
· Provide administrative functions insupport of the department.
· Plans and expedites airline, hotel, andvisa arrangements.
· Provide support during departmentmeetings and special events, prepares and assembles briefing materials asdirected.
· Provide assistance on special projectsand assignments
· Other duties as assigned.
POSITIONSCOPE: Provides the support necessary for the team to achieve itsgoals. Job duties are fairly straight forward and require following commonprocedures and guidelines. Manages own workload, time and priorities, withguidance from supervisor
DECISIONMAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Hasthe knowledge and skills to identify solutions to routine problems. Produces useful ideas or explanations forcircumstances, but may need guidance on execution for results. Understands and applies policies andproactively suggests solutions and improvements on issues.
FISCALRESPONSIBILITY:** Prepares routine financial reports in compliance with IFES policies and procedures. Processes routine transaction in compliancewith IFES procedures.
RELATIONSHIPS: Maintains collaborative working relationship with team members and other staff within the Division. Initiates contact with staffin other departments to exchange information and coordinates activities necessary to achieve work goals.
SUPERVISIONEXERCISED:** None Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 0 - 2 years’ relevant experiencein international development or related field.Internship(s) experience with an international NGOa plus
Related Skills or Knowledge:Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word andPowerPoint required. Introductoryexperience in proposal development support a plus. Familiarity with USG and non-USG donor regulationshelpful. Detailed oriented andorganized. Ability to prioritize, takedirection, and handle varied tasks within deadlines. Strong communicator, both verbally and inwriting. Collaborative, team orientedindividual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required. Proficiency in French or Arabic a plus.
TRAVEL: Travelmay be required, up to 10%
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
“All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
IFES is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor”