Begin a rewarding career with the International Division of Medical Care Development, Inc., (MCD). MCD was founded in 1966 as a US‐based not‐for‐profit established to assist the State of Maine to bring higher quality health care to its rural population. It now operates in more than ten states. In 1977 an international division, Medical Care Development International (MCDI), was founded with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non‐profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence‐based and high‐impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally‐driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: water, sanitation and hygiene; malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.
Medical Care Development International is actively seeking a full time Procurement Associate to be responsible for all procurement conducted by the MCDI home office, the Maine office, and for the field staff. This position, based in Silver Spring ,Maryland will be directly responsible for planning and managing the successful procurement of commodities and products, by working closely with home office and field office program, finance and administrative support staffs,
· Consult with program managers on a monthly basis to determine upcoming procurement needs
· Categorize procurement areas and research vendors based on price, reputation, experience, and quality of product.
· Working with country based staff, compile database of importation regulations for all project countries and maintain file of exemptions and certificates; keep the database up to date and work with field staff to renew import exemptions and certificates six months prior to expiration
· Review and acquire approval all Procurement Request Forms to include verification of sufficient funds are available for the proposed purchases, taking into account remaining available budget as well as future procurement
· Preparation procurement documentation
· Follow guidelines for purchasing items from suppliers based on bidding requirements
· Manage logistics of shipping
· Ensure post purchase /shipping processes are followed
· Record keeping and reporting in the procurement tacking system
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Three to five years’ general work experience required
· Bachelor’s Degree in administration, accounting, logistics, supply chain management or related field
· Advanced knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs and in particular Excel.
· Must be able to organize, track, and prioritize workload, work independently, and work cooperatively with others and exercise good judgement
· Knowledge of US Government procurement regulations a plus
· French or Spanish proficiency a plus.
Position: Mid level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: Must be authorized to work in the United States.