Publication date: 30 November 2018
Application deadline (midnight local time): 14 December 2018
Job ID: ANKARA/DC/G/2018/05
Organization Unit: CO-ANKARA
Contract type: FT
Contract duration: 1 year contract with possible extension
The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to local recruitment regulations and Article 4.3 of the ILO Staff Regulations.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria. The ILO may only offer a contract to persons who have a valid residency status and work permit in Turkey.
Development cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of development cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
The position will be funded under the development cooperation project “Promoting Decent Work for Syrian Refugees in Host Communities”. The project is funded by the KfW Development Bank and links to CPO TUR 159 (Policies and programmes implemented by constituents aimed at protecting migrant workers' rights and promoting decent employment for the Syrian refugees and migrant workers -Outcome 9).
The project aims to facilitate the early entry of Syrian refugees and Turkish citizens from host communities into the labour market and to help them develop, strengthen and upgrade their skills and competences as required. The overall objective of the proposed project is to enhance formal employment for Syrian refugees under temporary protection (SuTP) and Turkish citizens and to create formal sector jobs.
The project builds on ILO interventions on the Syrian refugee crisis in Turkey since 2014, promoting comprehensive short- and medium-term employment-rich measures to be implemented within the framework of Turkey’s overall response and the Regional Refugee and Resilience Plan (3RP).
The project is implemented by the ILO in close cooperation with the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services (MoFLSS), the national authorities and the social partners in 10 provinces, namely Ankara, Şanlıurfa, Hatay, Gaziantep, Adana, Mersin, İstanbul, İzmir, Bursa and Konya.
Procurement Assistant will closely work with the Finance and Administrative Officer and the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA), and undertake the below mentioned duties.
The Procurement Assistant will report to the CTA under the overall supervision of the Director of the ILO Office for Turkey.
Description of Duties
- Assist in the procurement of services and supplies in line with ILO’s financial rules and regulations for the project and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of inventory records.
- Conduct a market research to identify potential service providers, vendors, implementing partners and experts and their market prices and consolidating all this information into a list for future use by the project.
- Prepare all the necessary documentation for tenders (RFQs, RFBs) including assisting in the preparation of the terms of references and technical specifications.
- Sending the tender documents to potential vendors/service providers and/or arranging for the publication of tender announcements (depending on the procurement threshold).
- Communicating with the potential vendors/service providers to ensure that ILO procedures are followed during the procurement process.
- Collecting and compiling the tender bids, preparation of evaluation forms, assisting the members of the evaluation panel and acting as the Secretary to the Evaluation Committees.
- Assist in the preparation of the evaluation reports and collecting the signatures of panel members on the reports according to the ILO established procurement procedures.
- Keeping the inventory records of the project.
- Prepare purchase orders under the ILO’s internal integrated resource utilization (IRIS) system.
- Follow the customs clearance procedures (if any) of imported goods.
- Establish and maintain a database of contract documentation, terms of references, list of suppliers of goods and services.
- Follow-up on the delivery of goods and services and keeping the inventory records of the project in close cooperation with the Administrative and Finance Assistant and Project Assistant.
- Assist in the preparation of the draft procurement plans for the project and to update them on a regular basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Finance and Administrative Officer, the CTA and the Director of ILO Office for Turkey.
Completion of secondary school education.
- At least 6 years of general work experience.
- At least two years of specific professional experience in procurement and purchasing.
- Experience in conducting procurement in the context of donor-funded projects will be an asset.
- Expertise and familiarity with UN, EU and/or ILO procedures will be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Turkish and English.
- Good understanding of the main principles of procurement.
- Ability to use other software packages required by work (Excel, Word, Power Point).
- Good knowledge of clerical practices and procedures, and knowledge of administrative and financial practices.
- Ability to search and retrieve information from market, central databases and compile reports.
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate and clear manner.
- Demonstrated responsible behaviour and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and gender-sensitive attitude.
- Good drafting skills and ability to organize own work.
- Must display a high standard of ethical conduct and exhibit honesty and integrity.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
Depending on the location and availability of candidates, assessors and interview panel members, the ILO may use communication technologies such as Skype, Video and teleconference, etc for the assessment and evaluation of candidates at the different stages of the recruitment process, including interviews.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.